Backup Help Needed!!!?????

King_Steve_04

I was wondering if anyone knows what copy protection is used on the following games :

Lord Of The Rings : The Return Of The King
Empires : Dawn Of The Modern World
Command & Conquer : Generals
Command & Conquer : Generals - Zero Hour

Cheerz m8's

Hi,
Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King is safedisc 3.10.020
Empires: Dawn Of The Modern World is safedisc 3.10.020
C&C Generals is safedisc 2.80.010
C&C Generals Zero Hour is safedisc 2.90.040

Btw there's no need to double post ;) plus moved to moved to more appropiate section

Burn

stevie_boz said:
Hi,
Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King is safedisc 3.10.020
Empires: Dawn Of The Modern World is safedisc 3.10.020
C&C Generals is safedisc 2.80.010
C&C Generals Zero Hour is safedisc 2.90.040

Btw there's no need to double post ;) plus moved to moved to more appropiate section

Not to say you are wrong but, when I did a scan on LOTR with ClonyXXL is said the protection used was SafeDisc V2.9 is this wrong then? I tried to make a backup with Clonecd but Couldn't find a profile for Safedisc V2.9 to go on Clonecd. I then I brought BlindWrite 5 and got a good copy :)

Burn said:
Not to say you are wrong but, when I did a scan on LOTR with ClonyXXL is said the protection used was SafeDisc V2.9 is this wrong then?
Yes it's wrong. Clony is out of date and cannot recognise any version of safedisc above v. 2.9. Development of clony has ceased, it's no longer being updated and it's frequently wrong in any case.

Burn

stone_burner said:
Yes it's wrong. Clony is out of date and cannot recognise any version of safedisc above v. 2.9. Development of clony has ceased, it's no longer being updated and it's frequently wrong in any case.

I didn't know Clony wasn't updated anymore, thanks. But then again, I've only been learning to backup for abaout 5 days now :D What proterction scan do you use? Or would be a good one to use?

Personally I don't tend to use protection scanners as I've been backing cds up for just a little bit longer than you and can generally recognise the various prots without them. ;)

However, since you're new to this, try using our very own R!Co's A-ray scanner. Whilst it's still very new and only detects 3 prots so far, it's very easy to use and has the 2 major prots (safedisc and securom) covered and will only get better as development continues. :) :cool:

Burn said:
Not to say you are wrong but, when I did a scan on LOTR with ClonyXXL is said the protection used was SafeDisc V2.9 is this wrong then? I tried to make a backup with Clonecd but Couldn't find a profile for Safedisc V2.9 to go on Clonecd. I then I brought BlindWrite 5 and got a good copy :)
Yeah, sure. I tried to backup my Need For Speed Underground and ClonyXXL said it has SafeDisc V2.9. I didi't find that setting in profiler, so I tried V2.8 and everything went OK.