Backing up backups!!

Hi guys,

Can somebody tell me if you take an original PSX game and back it up with CDRWin, then backup the backup with CDRwin AGAIN do you have to patch the game for the second backup?
Sorry if thats confusing. Basically do you have to patch a PSX game image if it has come from a backup CDR!!

from my experience you can backup any playstation backup just use the same settings as you do with the original burn at 350 degrees and enjoy

Last edited:
Once you have patched the game you can copy the copy.

Best to try quite a low read speed on 2nd generation copy.

cdrwin diwect copy 1 to 1 read speed 2 write speed 1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless it copy protected

an excellent fucking burn soft

I agee gettygas thats what I use but almost any software can do psx.Joripe using cdrwin u might need to patch the image to be able to play on psx read here h**p://www.geocities.com/psxcplist/ if your interested if not don't read.LOL:D

did you ever get the mess. your psx has be modded please call 1800blablabla
i just hold the rest button down 5 sec off i go
thats what the 800# told me to do lolololol only kidding :D

gettygas said:
i use clonecd and discjuggler for all my pxs try it yull like hit
Just wondering . . . . if i use dj to copy psx/psone games to image on harddrive, and then from image to cdr . . . . what settings do i need to do the read to image . . . . and what settings do i need for the write from image to cdr ?

Say i wanted to copy FF9, what settings would you use ?

i use clone cd to do psx and psx1 games not psx2 games
settings as follows

check read subchannels data tracks
check read subchannels from audio

next save temp folder
delete after succesful write

dvd to plextor 241040
speed plextor16

discjuggler
no settings just 16speed
delete after succesful write
save as temp burn it

if for say discjuggler give me errors ill use clone , to tell you most of the time i use clonecd

vcd discjuggler, and if its a backup of a real pain in the ass game
ill burn at 4 with clone cd same settings but ill read and write with the burner

You do not need to patch the game if you have the latest stealth mod chip for psx. Use clone cd, save to an image file (to the hard drive) then you can make multiple copies. Ive burned a ton of psx games and it will make your life so much easier if you get the latest Stealth, 8 wire chip for your psx from vdo-specialties.com . You do not want a 7 wire chip as it does not defeat the latest antimod games anymore. Get the 8 wire, then get a copy of clone CD and you will be in heaven.:cool:

@gettygas

Cheers for the above :), just one more question regaring psx backup and discjuggler 3.50.818

Say I got a cdi image file of a psx game, how would i burn it? Under advance settings . . .

1. Which mode
2. Is any offset required
3. How many blocks
4. Which TOC
5. Anything else?

Thanx in advance.