AVI to VCD

when i convert xxx.avi file to mpeg1 for VCD. I use TMPGEnc v2 to do that but everytime i open the VIDEO SOurce (xxx.avi) it's appear " the file can not open or not supported" why? it's happen like this? do i need any special plugin to convert this avi file? i don't know is a DIVX or a avi file coz i download from internet.

You need to have some DivX codec installed before you can view the movie or convert it.

Also have a read of my DivX to VCD tutorial in the Tutorial section.

Get the new DivX 4.11 codec from w*w.divx.com

yes i installed divx codec, i can play that movie on my computer perfectly. But i can't convert to mpeg1 . i cut that avi into 2 and make vcd by NERO, i draged the .avi sucessfull but when i click on burn it's say like i have not enough memory. coz i think .avi , .dat. mpg file also can make vcd.

Try using an older ver of TMPGEnc ( h**p://www.granavenida.com/vcdspain/down/tmpgenc.htm ) and DivX codec 3.11a ( w*w.doom9.net )

If that does not work, you can always use Panasonic Standalone MPEG Encoder 2.51. You can also get it from the above VCDSpain site.

thanks for your help and tips. Some of the link like VFIPA plugin in the spain site not working. I try to use other programs to solve the problems.

Yes a lot of people have been having probs with TMPGEnc ver 2 (or 2.01) I found it slower than ver 1.2j so thats the version I use without a hitch.

The so-called "latest and the greatest" version of any software are not always the best! Particularly when you see "... the section for ... has been completely re-written." They just re-introduce new bugs as they try to eliminate the old ones.