avi to vcd. avi file not supported

Jimbo999

Hi, been trying to convert an avi file to a vcd using TMPGEnc. Problem is when I try to open the file it tells me that the file I've selected is not supported.

Originally tried nero but that keeps telling me I've not got enough space on the disk it doesn't tell me how much space I require or allow me to span say 2 disks.

Which version of the TMPGEnc should I use, is there a better software ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jim.

VCD = 10MB/min so if your movie is 90mins then it will be 900MB's as a VCD. For VCD an 80min CDR holds ~80mins or video or in otherwords around 800MB's.

The TMPGEnc error suggests that you don't have the correct video codec installed. By default TMPGEnc requires a VFW decoder where as for playback and Nero a directshow one is used. Use something like GSpot to detect what video codec the file uses.

Avi2(s)vcd

I think mods or chickenman should make a sticky thread regarding few most popular conversion as this question goes few times per week..
Or Poacher should make his sig to be GIGANTIC SIZE :) LOL
As said above get a spot check the file and codec and use CM & his dvd2svcd way using cce2.50 as encoder..You cant fail there as its explained great-btw,thanks cm once again for that awesome kickass tut which never produced a bad svcd :)
Also you could try a tfm too :)