AVI conversion problems

cakeman

Hi all.
I have 3 AVI's - parts 1, 2 & 3 of a trilogy. I have converted pt1 using CM's guide no problems but the next two when I've run them through DVD2SVCD I have checked the muxed file and its just a black screen with 2 red lines at the bottom of the screen but the audio is fine. Ive checked them in GSpot and I have the right codecs. Anyone come accross this before or know what it is??

Ok, here I fed CCE a perfectly good script (actually just some coloured bars), CCE detects that it is 720x480, etc. I then purposly let CCE save its ecl file over the script and get this as output:

Anything like what you got?

Attachments

Well I guess accidentally let CCE do what I let it do purposely.

Are you using a newer version of CCE/eclcce with DVD2SVCD? If so then I guess maybe there is a bug where it automatically saves over AVISynth scripts with ecl files. Although that would not explain why the first file or any other file for that matter works.

The above only happens when the AVISynth script works fine when first imported into CCE and then gets changed later. If the script never worked you would simply get an encode of an AVISynth error which is ???x56 pixels with red text and a black backround. I guess somehow it gets distorted into the above when CCE still thinks that it is DVD resolution.

Above actually says unknown character ; or something like that.

I would have joined all 3 avi together first then encoded. Why pt 2 & 3 fail is I suspect due to how the original avi was cut in the first place and what sotware was used. Try crreating a new header using DivFix on a backup copy of avi2 and see how it goes.

They didn't say that they wanted all three triologies on one disc though and if they did then it would probably be as seperate titles.

If anyone does ever want to encode multiple AVI's into one mpg though I would suggest just joining with AVISynth rather than actually creating a joined AVI. Takes less time and HDD space.

Sorry, I read it as 3 parts of the 1 rather than 1 part of each of the 3.

Can you post the GSPOT results for Video & Audio for the 3 avi's, I assume the 3 were NOT created equally initially as probably later versions of Xvid were used in the later 2 avis. What Xvid version are you running?

cakeman

I think you can see which one is the first and which one is the 2nd film. I'm not 100% certain which version of XviD Im using. How would I find out CM?

Attachments

cakeman

I can't seem to find what you're talking about. I have a XviD folder in Program Files but theres just some kind of calculator in there but according to GSPOT and if I look in Add/Remove programs I have the codec installed. Where would I find it?

Definatly. If you go with Koepi's latest then I believe he also included his util which checks for vidc errors in your registry which should sort out any problems with installed codecs not showing up.

cakeman

Cheers CD, I've installed the latest XviD codec. I've tried the muxed file again in WMP but it said there was a fatal error. I'll get shut of this file and try it again through DVD2SVCD and see how I go on with that.

cakeman

I've run it through DVD2SVCD again and its the same again - the 2 red lines. Is there anything else I can do or just give it up as a bad job?!?