Ati is making me insane

i have a radeon 8500 and all i want is to play my dvd movie but the fools at ati made getting the new decoder impossible. What they did was put all the 8500 software with the 9000 software(its the same software).this is fine and dandy but they put a stupid app that checks the cd in order to verify before giving you the decoder.Now the problem comes in when my cd is not a 9000 cd but it is a 8500 cd and it will not let me have the decoder.the fools made it nearly impossible for me to get what is rightfully mine. does anyone have the decoder that they may share it with poor me?

Strange problem you have.;) I have the Radeon AIW card.The dvd player software is protected by a cd key.In order to update you need the original cd.The key is to stop illegal use of the player/decoder.Is this the software you are referring to?I did see separate downloads for the 8500&9000 series on the ATI website.Not sure if I can help much,since you would need a cd key (warez),and possibly the whole installation cd for the 9000???:confused:

I'm going to be hypocritical here because I really dislike it when people suggest something that is completely off the mark from what I asked about, but here it goes anyway. I have an 8500 Radeon, and much preferred the PowerDVD XP decoder to the ATI DVD. To go even further, and a bit ironic, the NVDVD decoder is preferrable to the ATI version. Like I said, it's hypocritical so take it for what its worth.

@aUtopSy

I think maby you are jumping the GUN here and you should maby Re -READ the post by WOODY as he was merely pointing out the reason why you are having problems with upgrading/downgrading because of ATI'S product/software (serial cd number) protection that disallows using of software on other systems for whatever means !? (usually so you have to pay more or purchase SOFTWARE SPECIFIC for your card this is how they make money/force the consumer to use there products!)

So..... PLEASE "aUtopSy" Instead of venting your spleen here and loosing it with 'the senior ADMINISTRATOR' of this board!:mad: ,... because you are 'dissatisfied' with your RADEON 8500 software..... perhaps a quiet EMAIL following this link to ATI customer care > http://mirror.ati.com/support/customercarefaq.html

will resolve the matter forthwith ! :)

WE as a forum are not a personal 24/7 help desk for all hardware/software!...... we are here merely to advise / point out possible solutions or as to reasons why things do what they do !

thanks >>>>VIPER_1069<<< :)

@Viper.I don't think aUtopSy was having a go at me,hope not.I think he was just stating an opinion on the Ati player.:confused:

He obviously doesn't care for the supplied software (is using a different player).At least that is my speculation on his post.Maybe he will clarify this for us.

Thanks for defending me.:)

I've seen something similar on R*ge3d forums (for all Radeon problems). Seems like you're not the only one to notice this mess-up by ATI.

i love power dvd but in recent days (since installing the new driver 3.2) it is broken beyond repair. besides this it would need this particular codec or one very similar to operate at all. on another note ati makes too many foolish mistakes i have pointed out more then one directly to their sales reps. i wish they would pay closer attention to detail.

also, apparently, according to ATI's website the 8500 is now a "legacy" card. :mad: I have one these in my machine and it's never given me a wink of trouble and I like the TV-out.

Sorry for the miscommunication. I was not criticizing @woody. What I meant to say was, give powerDVD or NVDVD a go instead of using the software that came with ATI. I like the Radeon, just not the software.

aUtopSy said:
Sorry for the miscommunication. I was not criticizing @woody. What I meant to say was, give powerDVD or NVDVD a go instead of using the software that came with ATI. I like the Radeon, just not the software.
No problem bud,I appreciate your feedback.Sometimes it's hard to convey messages on boards.Things can be taken out of context.My apologies,and thanks!;)