ATI AIW 8500DV

Anybody have any opinion on this card? I am thinking of getting one. Particularly, any opinion about the cature features?

sorry bud, don't know.
I only know that along with their latest card... be having some PC game compatibilities.
As far as capture features go, I think that most of the ATI cards are pretty much the same in that department though I have seen some good reviews on their TV abilities. Again though, I cannot say how good they are as I haven't tested them (only the standalone ATI capture card <--- which was so so/average).

Hopefully someone here has one and can give feedback. In the meantime here is a review with some info on video capture quality (looks good):
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjgyLDU=

Thanks for the link. Pretty extensive article about the card. I'm not a gamer so I don't care whether or not the card can produce 5 billion triangles, or pixels, or whatever gamers get turned on by. My primary concern is the video capabilities. What I've read from different sources is that ATI cards offer the most features for the dollar.

I have the Radeon AIW card.I find the capture from the Tv tuner acceptable.I have also used it for capturing from my camcorder to Vcd compliant files.They turned out fine too.System speed is very important with the cards for mpeg2 capture.Slower systems will drop frames in this capture mode.The card is also fine for playing any current video games on the market.;)

Do some research before a purchase,your mileage may vary.;)

Thanks for the info. As far as speed of system, I have made some upgrades to my pc. I upgraded to 2 Athlon 2200+ MP from the 1900. I added an Adaptec SCSI Ultra320 controller card as well as 2 - 74GB Seagate Ultra320 15000RPM HD. Needless to say I don't think speed will be an issue for me. I got all of that for $600USD new from a computer show I went to. I think the guy was stealling from his boss but for that price I really didn't care. My next upgrade will be to a quad Zeon MB probably 2GHZ each, for a total of 8GHZ for multithreaded apps, with the 1066MHZ RDRAM. I think that will hold me over for about a year.

Since my last post I have experimented withthe capture features and have found that capturing in dvd format has produced as good a quality as you can get with an analog cable signal. I haven't tried to capture any digital stuff yet but I'm looking forward to it.