ASPI Layer Install v4.60 Clean Install CRASH. System crash after reboot on install

Hello

I am just loading up a fresh install of XP on a new system.
CDR burning tools installed so far are only Nero latest version

I went to install Aspi Layer v4.60 as i understand it is the most stable

but on REBOOT the system boots just before the desktop then crashes
and restarts again . I was installing the winaspiNT and not the winASPI32
that comes with the kit as advised in the documentation.At the moment
i have removed it until i know which way to go.I do not know if the NERO aspi will have
anything to do with my problem......

Thank you for any advise

Ratman..

PS are any of the newer versions any better...

im using the 4.7.2 (build 2)...4.7 and 4.7.1 were buggy...Nero uses it own aspi...but you should have no problem install the aspi 32

For admins!!

zver said:
Install this--and youre ok... :)
i THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE ONE STICKY POST WITH ASPI..AND CALL IT ASPI4.60 OR SO...aND ATTASCH A ASPI4.60 OR LINK TO SOMEWHERE WHO HOSTS ASPI....cOUSE ALWAYS SO MANY PEOPLE ASKING SAME...sorry for caps--this new keybord :eek:

I'm just really curious exactly what problems people have with Adaptec ASPI 4.7 on XP. I have yet to run into a problem, and use a lot of burning sw... Just say 'no' to ezcdcremator, of course!
I have ASPI32.SYS 4.71.1, WNASPI32.DLL 4.71.1, WOWPOST.EXE 4.6 (1021), and WINASPI.DLL 4.6 (1021).

ipdave said:
I'm just really curious exactly what problems people have with Adaptec ASPI 4.7 on XP. I have yet to run into a problem, and use a lot of burning sw... Just say 'no' to ezcdcremator, of course!
I have ASPI32.SYS 4.71.1, WNASPI32.DLL 4.71.1, WOWPOST.EXE 4.6 (1021), and WINASPI.DLL 4.6 (1021).
1. You have two odd files from your previous ASPI installation, which can be removed.
2. 4.7X has loads of problems, the most obvious one being that USB burners fail to initialize (for apps using ASPI to burn).
@ Ratman: any chance of a packet writer or Imapi being active? And do you have installed at any time the Roxio burning engine which is bundled to the latest Windows Media Player releases?

Last edited:
@scarecrow: I kept the old 4.6 files on purpose for any old apps that may need them. So far, so good...

I have no USB burners in my desktop, not an issue.

Which aspi layer tried

I Tried to install the Adaptec ASPI winaspiNT

someone has advised that the winaspi32 will

install OK but the document included with the

download advises to only install the winaspint

Thank you for all the input so far

Ratman