ASPI 4.6 revision question

kctexan

Can someone please tell me if, when I changed ASPI 4.7 "back to" version 4.6,
is the message displayed, by the ASPICHK program, supposed to display, at the bottom, the "ASPI is properly installed and fully operational," (but in light gray), or is it supposed to display the above message (but in black font), AND display "a total of 2 host adapters have been detected." (also in black)? I've seen some lists of instructions that show the "adapters" part, but the window shown is for Windows NT.
I have used the KILLASPI and INSTASPI programs to install ASPI 4.6, and ASPICHK shows they're all 4 installed, but I can't get any message but the one in light gray (even after rebooting).
The reason I'm concerned is that my Nero Vision Express is now locking up when I try to clip the front of a file (when editing), by moving the end bracket (left end, in this case) to "chop off" a few seconds of a file. I would appreciate any help!! I'm also reachable at kctexan@comcast.net

Use www.filemirrrors.com and get both ForceASPI 1.7 and 1.8.
Use 1.8- just the "killASPI" batch, reboot, then the 1.7 package and "instaspi" patch. Reboot again, and now you should have a fully functional ASPI 4.60.1021 layer.

kctexan

Still no "ASPI is properly installed.." message

Scarecrow, Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find ForceASPI 1.8 on filemirrors.com (lots of 1.7, though...), but found it at http://forceaspi18.w.interia.pl/ , so downloaded it from there. When I used its killASPI file, it read that access to ASPI32.sys was denied. It said it had killed all the files, though, so, after rebooting, I then used the 1.7's instASPI to try to install the 4.6 version. *It* said that the WNASPI32.DLL file already was there (!), but said it had updated everything, so, I rebooted, and I still have the "ASPI is fully installed and fully operational" message in light gray, with no mention of layers. Should I remove the ASPI32.sys file, from System folder? (I actually did that last night, to successfully install the 4.6 files, although I never got the wanted, bottom messages to display in black font.) This is all like hacking a small path through a jungle, so thanks for your patience and guidance. Russell Farley, Kansas City

kctexan

bad URL, etc.

Good grief! The link I copied, to ForceASPI 1.8, *now* links to some foreign language site! I just went to Google, and typed Download forceaspi 1.8, and the first site listed still goes to the right site. Also, on this site, which is ForceASPI's website, they show a "successful" ASPIchk display, and the "ASPI is properly installed and fully operational" message is *not* in black, either, but grayed out. So, I'm wondering if it's required that the message be in dark black font, after all... thanks again, RAF