Argentina 0 - 1 ENGLAND

YES WE HAVE TAKEN REVENGE ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Taken 4 long friggin years - but it was sweet.

ENGLAND are victorious .......... ENGLAND are victorious

Go BECKHAM . . . . . .

- SHIT - i bet the whole of england were at the edge of their seats for the duration of the 2ND half.

- I watched the repeat on sky interactive - it was so good :D - I am so friggin happy.

- - - - - -

Lads - posts your views :)

Too true Shadey all the lads played well. Owen once again frightened the life out of them and Rio and Sol were superb at the back.

Fantastic game!

Still paying for it today.:p
Feel like Cr*p!!:D
I booked every possibilty of Englands fixtures off work 8 weeks ago.
If they keep winning I'll need a new liver!:eek:

malbolgia.......
Those teams play with a missplaced arrogance.
They think other teams will just let them win without putting in the hard work.
France are another team who think they just have to turn up to win.
Brazil too will struggle when they play a decent team. Nobody has attacked them yet and their defense is not so good.

Makes for a great world cup.
Especially if sweden get a draw with argentina!:D

Sweden are very hard to beat.
If Argentina dont win they are out unless England lose to Nigeria.
I think they will draw.
Nobody in England will shed a tear.
This has nothing to do with the Argentine people, just their bigheaded football team.
:p

yes argentinas football players are kind of bigheaded but its an excelent team

and maradonas goal still hurts

doesn't it:D

Hi guys,

Congratulations on the win :D . I just want to say something about Portugal beeing an arrogant team, I really don't think so. It is (may be I should say it was :) ) the best team of the world. I'm not saying this because I'm Portuguese, but because it is so. What they let see in Euro 2k, was enough prove I think. Yes now you will say France won, but in my humbble opinion France never had a good team. All the teams they palyed against,never attacked (put there defence under presure), so they could do what they wanted. If I didn't confuse the Euro Cup, France was humiliated in 96 in England 96. They lost every match, because all the teams put there defence under pressure. After that, they played some 20 + matches without loosing against minor teams and then the legend started that France was unbeatable. I agree they have good players, but they always played a soort of Italian Catanacio (Italian style) and that is not my idea of good futball. The problem with Portugal is not the team (may be Figo is in some bad chape because of the spanish league), but the A*****E of the coach. That guy doesn't know how to coach a team. If the team is physically and mentally OK, that guy can go home and let he team play and they will win, but when this is not the case that guy is there to do stupid things. An example, you are loosing 3 to 1 and instead of putting Nuno Gomes from the begining of the second half, he puts him 10 minutes before the end of the match. This is an example, there are many more since he was coach from FC PORTO. If Humberto Coelho had stayed as coach, I assure you Portugal would have become World Champion, but with this guy if they survive this round, it will be thanks to the players not to Antonio Oliveira. I really got piss off when the Portugues futball federation dismissed (he was dismissed altough they say it was Coelho who wanted to leave) Coelho to put this A*****E in front of the team.

Again congratulations on the victory and just watch out for the hurt lion, he can do any thing to save himself. I don't think England will have any problems with Nigeria, but if they decide to start playing as they used to do before, england will have great problems.

Cheers,

El_Matador

yup it was a well faught victory (am an argentine fan), but I think argentina will do better in second rounds. They can't afford another loss & nigeria is a strong team (great runners).
As far as arrogance goes, most teams have a big head when they win a lot. Comes with the territory (kinda like boxers always talking trash before fights).
Still I think we can all agree that so far this years world cup is proving to be very interesting (really anyones game).

Re: Maradonna

joripe said:
The mans arrogance was unbelievable to call his handball "The Hand Of God" well God works in mysterious ways & he took his revenge - Maradonna became a Cocaine addict & a Broken man.
But Football lives & Argentina arent out of it yet but they have a difficult task against Sweden + it wont be a walkover for England against Nigeria:rolleyes:
but he isnt the only one who thinks this

when a argentina played a fan had a sign that sayed pele is the king and maradona a god :D

too bad he forgot he was a football player and started a rock star life style