Anyone used Datawrite Classic 4X (Fuji dye) DVD-R's yet

I've used classics mate not sure what dye they were but they work fine :)

i prefer to use the V2 now RITEK dye :)

used lots and burn great :)

I have burned some 4X +R Fuji media (not stamped by Datawrite, but this doesn't matter, clearly) on my very picky Sony DRU-500a and they were real champs- if this helps at all.
Apps used RecordNowMax, InstantCD/DVD, InstantWrite, K3B. Not a single coaster out of 25. Very nice media, but expensive here ($ 1.35 each).

Laz

Thanks for feedback everyone.

Bought 150 at this price, I just hope that Datawrite don't try their old tricks of mixing "B" grade and lower discs into the batches as they have done in the past. We shall see.

The list and most other resources, only seem to mention the 8x Datawrite Classic -R as being Fujifilm03 - the 4x Classic (grey) are down as Prodisc S03 (elsewhere).

Laz

Exactly!

It was a wrong description, all discs are showing as Prodisc. I was a bit annoyed at the time when the order came but as they seem to be OK it's not worth sending them back.

Laz

woody said:
Just for the record.The Prodisc (S03)seem to be decent media,from what I've read.
That's good to know, keep hearing about bad Ritek's right now and as these discs are sooo cheap it's a great alternative. Burned about 30 so far and all playback in everything tested on. :)

Laz said:
That's good to know, keep hearing about bad Ritek's right now and as these discs are sooo cheap it's a great alternative. Burned about 30 so far and all playback in everything tested on. :)
You keep hearing but have you seen? :confused: I keep hearing too but I haven't seen any.
I believe the whole thing was started by some stupid A-hole of a salesman or someone with a grudge.

PC-GUY said:
You keep hearing but have you seen? :confused: I keep hearing too but I haven't seen any.
I believe the whole thing was started by some stupid A-hole of a salesman or someone with a grudge.
I have Memorex DVD-R 4X.Nero infotool reports them as Prodisc (S03).They work fine at 4x on both my Plextor 708A & BenQ 822A.Haven't done PIO scans,can't be bothered.

There are no guarantees with DVDR media,I think. ;)