Anyone having bother with cdrbase.com e-mail ?

Working beautifully at first, but Incredimail has decided not to like it anymore, and when i fiddled with it, (using dvdrbase.com) it worked in sending, but my own address that I sent it to, "didnt like recipient" so that failed. Anyone else having bother or just moi ? ;)

RASTABT said:
Hi bro just tested mines and all ok.. :)
both on CDRBase & DVDRBase.. :D check your firewall just incase...
Dont think it's the Firewall. Maybe the Anti-Virus. But how ????
This is what I get in OE :-

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'philk@*****'. Subject 'testing twice', Account: 'CDRBase', Server: 'mail.cdrbase.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have had after 24 hours, 1 test message get through. 1 out of 5. So, somethin's wrong somewhere. The AV is Avast !

ok its a server authentication error PHIL ....

fix by .....

Start Outlook Express and go to Tools menu option and select Accounts. Click on your CDRBASE account and choose Properties. Select the Servers tab. At the bottom of this tab in an area titled "Outgoing Mail Server" untick the check box titled "My server requires authentication". Save the new setting and this will ensure that the next time you use OE it will authorise itself to the mail server in all circumstances thereby avoiding this error message.

VIPER_1069 said:
ok its a server authentication error PHIL ....

fix by .....
Thats just it. It WAS unchecked ! Same problem when checking it again, saving then UNchecking it again and saving. Still think its the AV..... :confused: :D

Right. Did the CHECKING, then ran it instead of just unchecking straight back and BINGO ! Cheers, Vipes mate, your a mine of mis-information ! :D

Last edited:
HUH !? :confused: lmao !? the other tip i was going to suggest is cancel nortans email intergration with outlook then renable it this sometimes resolves conflicts with nortan and outlook :)

Also changing the port number can sometimes help from 25 to say 110 which is the usual port for emails :)

Phil K said:
Account: 'CDRBase', Server: 'mail.cdrbase.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
this has nothing to do with your machine; the ISP where the destination email adress is located manages a list of "trusted email providers" as a kind of anti spam strategy; and for sure NB's domain is not listed as trusted;

the same will happen if i try to mail to an T-Online (germans ISP No.1) user;

edit: maybe i'm wrong; Was your quoting taken from OEs error report or a separate back coming Email?

Greetings from
Duracell

Last edited:
note here this also could be an SMTP server error check that its correct or not in captials it has to be in lowercase or you may get problems :)

just check that the settings for smtp are also correct :)