ANYONE GOT A 'LASER ARM' 4 a PS2 39001?

C Merk

:( Hey y'all,

Can anyone help out a Newbie? My PS2 is making crazy noises, stops 'reading' the games before it fully 'loads-up', and it appears that the laser does not move on the 'snake motor' or 'shaft'. Therefore, I believe I need a new 'laser arm'. Does anyone have an extra one I can have? I have a version 7 400c, 39001.

Thanks a bunch,

C

C Merk

Hey Anaconda,

Thanks for replying.

I would like to take you up on your offer of your laser if it is compatible with my PS2 version 7. Is your extra laser for a version 7 PS2 39001?

The laser for my PS2 version 7 39001 are called KHS-400C. Here is a link to determine the specific types of lasers for different PS2 versions; please let me know what happens:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8143725418

Thanks a bunch Anaconda,

Cheers,

C

Last edited:

C Merk

:) Hey y'all,

Just wanted to let y'all know I solved my problem. I bought a second hand 30 001 PS2 for 20 Canadian dollars, then I replaced my 39001 laser arm with the 30001 arm. It worked fine after that: no noises when loading or anything. When I examined the faulty 39001 arm I noticed two small nodules that insert into a metal part of the metal laser device. One of these nodules looked worn down and appeared much smaller then the other. Thus, I believe this worn down nodule was causing the laser to not move along the drive shaft properly.

Thanks for looking at my thread,

C