Anyone familiar with DVD+Audio creator?

Quote:
"DVD+Audio is a DVD-Video compliant format, wich means that your normal standalone DVD player can play the DVD+Audio discs, no need to buy expensive new hardware.
You can create a disc containing multiple albums, compiled from your own normal CD-Audio disc, but then in either high quality (up to PCM 96kHz/24bits) or high quantity (up to 45 hours MP2 at 192kbps) audio to any DVD player.
Please note : DVD+Audio should not be confused with DVD-Audio, for which you need a special player and discs!"

Anyone familiar with this? Is it good, bad ? Worth fiddling around?

borogovio said:
... You can create a disc containing multiple albums, compiled from your own normal CD-Audio disc, but then in either high quality (up to PCM 96kHz/24bits) or ...
i don't have a DVD player and i don't know this software, but this praised "feature" is useless, because you won't get any improvement by resampling/rerendering an Audio CD music stream (44,1 kHz/16 bit) to PCM 96kHz/24bits;
it may be worth a try as long you don't modify the audio sample rate or bit resolution; but i don't know if it still belongs the DVD Video specifications then;

Greetings from
Duracell

Another quote from their homepage: hxxp://www.eximius.nl/dvdaudio.php

"Unlike other resamplers, that base their processing on mathematical functions (for instance bessel), our processing is based on musical information and the knowledge that the original master contains more detail than the CD. Therefor when you analyse the resulting waveforms using conventional methods, the measurements may be different than you expect. The only proper way to test it is with your ears, not with your eyes. "

I don't understand a lot about audio, but this is nonsense for me (please, correct me if I'm wrong!).

However, as a DVD with mp3 won't play in a standalone DVD player, if I can get "up to 45 hours MP2 at 192kbps audio.", it might prove useful. I think I'll give it a try.

Some DVD players handle mp3 DVD's just fine. Mine does, well one of them anyway.
Would have thought that using AC3 would make more sense than mp2.

That soft is from the guy who developed dvd2one,i saw when he posted it on haudio,anyway it got bashed and he never came back :)

borogovio said:
... and the knowledge that the original master contains more detail than the CD.
but you cannot retrieve these lost details; (except buying/stealing the master tapes :D )

I don't understand a lot about audio, but this is nonsense for me (please, correct me if I'm wrong!).
nothing to complain about your statement; ;)