Angelpotion

I recently installed the Angelpotion codec, and subsequently, when I ran VirtualDub, it told me that it was bad stuff so remove it.

I did via the uninstaller, but I installed VirtualDubMod last night and it still says Angelpotion is there.

Any ideas? Is it bad? Is there a way to uninstall it? Do I need to uninstall it?

Any help appreciated!

i also tried to remove just through add remove programs and it seemed fine then i want in to look at my video codecs and at the top was something called APmpg4vl.dll so i assumed this was angel potion so i removed it there to but when i go into videocodecs it is still there at the top but when i click on the properties or settings of it it says driver missing or something like that obviously coz i removed it so i just wanna check was that defiantely angel potion i tried to remove and was i right by removing it.

maby someone with file/registery installation monitoring tools can install this and post the resulting findings of what files are installed where so that they can be removed by hand :)

Submit reply button

badboy2002 I just removed two identical post of yours as above.
Please read your post after posting to see if there are any errors, also you can edit or delete your own post by selecting edit in the bottom right corner of your post.Once in Edit you can check the Delete tab then hit Delete to remove your post....

Easy on the submit reply button...:D

A good google search found this. Not sure if it works because i've never installed Angelpotion.

To remove AngelPotion under Windows 95/98/ME:
Edit system.ini and delete or comment out lines of this form under [drivers32]:

VIDC.AP41=APmpg4v1.dll
VIDC.DIV3=APmpg4v1.dll
VIDC.DIV4=APmpg4v1.dll

To remove AngelPotion under Windows NT/2000:
Open regedit, drop down to HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32, and delete or rename these keys:

Key name Value
VIDC.AP41 APmpg4v1.dll
VIDC.DIV3 APmpg4v1.dll
VIDC.DIV4 APmpg4v1.dll

Good luck.

ok ... let's see ...
blane is right but there are some more reg keys ...
the angelpotion installer creates the following registry entries and files/folders: (on win2k)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaResources\icm\VIDC.AP41
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\VIDC.AP41
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\APmpg4v1.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AngelPotion Video Codec V1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AngelPotion.net

X:\WINNT\System32\APmpg4v1.dll
X:\WINNT\System32\APmpg4v1.apl
X:\Program Files\AngelPotion Video Codec V1
+ Startmenu entries

(thanks to filemon and regmon :) )
hope you can find all the remains of AP
forti

seriosuly is angel potion this bad that we have to go to these lengths to get rid of it i mean quality wise the picture was excellent

badboy2002 said:
seriosuly is angel potion this bad that we have to go to these lengths to get rid of it i mean quality wise the picture was excellent
Absolutely and if you read a few other posts here, there is a substantial number of members that have had problems primarily with Nimo codec pak and the Angelpotion pak. At least the Nimo pak uninstalls itself, the angelpotion does not. :( Both cause more problems than they cure.

These packs with every codec known to man in them is just a pot ready to boil over. Do yourself a favour and install the Codec you NEED, not what you may like to have.

For 99% of divx files out there, all you need is DivX3.11, Divx 5.x, Xvid and an AC3 codec. Thats it.

quality wise the picture was excellent

Well seeing as how it is just another hacked MS MPEG4 codec, it isn't going to be any better quality than any other hacked MS MPEG4 codec such as DivX3.11alpha (notice how it handles both DIV3 and DIV4 fourCC's) although it may contain the VKI fix which would make it more similar to the so called DivX 3.20 release. Not that you need anything like that if you are doing SBC encodes anyway.

saytanschild

DiVX

I ran into the same message/problem with Virtual Dub and found this discussion. While installing the latest DivX update it automatically removed the older codecs, including Angel Potion. Reopened Virtual Dub and I no longer recieve the message.

SC