Alternative Email Client

Anybody know of any email client (besides Outlook) that lets you preview/delete mail on the server, handles html (viewing n composing, luv using smiley emoticons), and possibly has a calendar? Or should I just suck it up, drive on and use Outlook. I've tried a few of the others, don't care for Incredimail, I'm not that much into pretty emails, besides the occasional emoticon. I really liked i.scribe but ya cant use emoticons (HTML) in yur outgoing mail. Any suggestions more than welcome...

A few others I have tried:

Foxmail
Pocomail
Y.A.M.P.
Vivian Mail
Pegasus
The Bat!
Instinct Mailer

Ultrafunk Popcorn fits easily in a single floppy (if you wish) and can connect to any POP3/SMTP/ESMTP server and check messages directly from there. There are also some other similar clients, but this one is mature, great overall and free to use.
Security-wise Outlook (Express) is flawed (else it's not bad at all, leaving aside the useless newsreader...), so you can consider switching to Foxmail, Pegasus Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird- all of them are exhellent, free and not vulnerable to most Outlook (Express) exploits.

Last edited:
If U want use smileys & also preview the messages on the server, then Incredimail does all the, but only in the Premium version, the free version is ad supported(in the little flash window)but it allows U 2 use stationary & is good at makin HTML mails, also does animations & other stuff.Here's the link www.incredimail.com

Emoticons mail is another little prog like Getsmile that allows U 2 insert smileys, but U got 2 buy it

BaNzI:D

Correction for Y.A.M.P, should be Y.A.M.C. http://www.borg-kindberg.ac.at/yamc/. I really liked this one had exactly the things I was looking for, but couldn't get the darned thing to work correctly, prolly wait on a more stable release on this one, in my opinion it was way to buggy. I'm not totally against pocomail or any of the other proggies, just tried each one of them briefly. I'm really just looking for a total replacement for Outlook with the ability to preview mail on the server, etc. Its been awhile since I've tried incredimail, but since I'm in a testin' kinda mood, what the hay...

http://www.myoe.org/modules/news/

Early stages (0.2 recently released)
Requires ".net" - a fairly large download from MS if you don't already have it.

Might be worth a look, but it's VERY VERY beta at the moment!

PS. Not sure about this "preview" - I can't actually preview from the server in Outlook Express???
I apply rules based on the HEADER, which can delete from the server, but the only way I know to preview/delete is to use something like Mailwasher.

Last edited:
Yo, thankz for all uv the input. I think I'm gonna try inscribe for awhile. It has most of what I was looking for. I added the insertion of gifs (smileys) to the authors wishlist, so who knows. I liked all of the others that were metioned here also, so I'll probably keep testing those too!