Alcohol 120% 1222 version bad w/XP Pro

I just tried the trial version and had bad results. It caused lockups up my system (XP Pro SP1) and the only way to recover was to power off the computer. :mad:

Hi

Thanks for dropping a message I was going to install that, Well more of an upgrade..
Better not now until the next version up..

Cheers Buddy

I did find that version really slow on 98se:confused:
Might just have been me, but i was using ASAPI 4.60 & only other burnin soft was nero 5.5.10.42, thiis was with trial version 1222, will go back a version that i know was less memory hogging :p

BaNzI :D

The-poacher said:
Used alcohol for years never had a problem on XP ME or 98SE
Have U disabled XP burning &/or is your ASPI installed correctly (recommend 4.60)
I agree in fact I have it installed now on XP (SP1) with 4.71 ASPI. I find it to be a great program and with the virtual drive I find most times I burn on the fly. :cool: Thanks for a great program. :)

Previous versions have worked just fine. No Problem until this version. I haven't disabled XP burning though as I've never needed to with any of my other software. I'm not sure what version of ASPI I have.

The-poacher said:
Welcome to the Forum
Why not go & introduce yourself to the other members

http://www.cdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=141

Please read the Rulez <<< >>> And dont forget The Search Button ;)

http://www.cdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=58

The-poacher <<>> Super Moderator :p

Used alcohol for years never had a problem on XP ME or 98SE
Have U disabled XP burning &/or is your ASPI installed correctly (recommend 4.60)

Yeah, I was surprised too but it was the trial version and the system lockups went away as soon as I removed the program. The lockups were occurring without running Alcohol. I have seen that other people have had trouble with this version. They are supposed to check with their developement people and get back to me.

The-poacher said:
Do a search on forum for check ASPI/force ASPI plenty links/posts & disable XP burning!
I checked and the aspi was ok at 4.60 but I have upgraded to 4.71 in case Alcohol finds the problem. Why should I have to disable WinXP burning as that doesn't affect my other progs? I use CloneCD, Nero 6, and Easy Cd Creator 6. No glitches there.

i wouldn't consider 4.71 to be an "upgrade" over 4.60. versions other than 4.60 have been known to possibly cause problems, and some programs require 4.60 specifically in order to work.

1. If it doesn't work for you, then simply- don't use it.
2. If you have "upgraded" to 4.7X, then learn to live with your upgrade, including it's innumerable shortcomings.