ADSL Coming my way, Yeeee Hah!!!

My Telecoms provider, BT have announced that this exchange will be ADSL enabled on 11/06/2003 and they are now accepting orders.

Chuffed too bits, no more 48hrs + for a movie off Kasaa, more like 3/6hrs:) ;) :p :D :cool: :eek:

Greets The Diplomat :-o)

I am not joining BT, I am signing with Pipex. I will be buying my own filters for me fone and a 4 port rj45 ADSL Router. :p

The Exchange is a 10 min walk from me 5 mins if you run, so somehow I don't think I will be getting a crap d/l rate!

Last edited:
Yes, lucky you indeed.

Poor 'ole me out here in the sticks, I may never see it in my life time and yes I'm dead jealous!

kazza and 3 hrs !? hmmmmm if there is enough willing people to share bigger files !? more often than not they hate sharing anything with you even if you share more than they do !?:confused: but hey you are gettin ADSL :)

look out BT users for BT'S midband broadband comming soon its 128bit connection for people who live too far from an exchange hey its not great but its better than 56k at least and it will be not much more on the price than your current dialup :)

and also look out for 1mbit BT asdl connections but for a price no doubt :)

:)

bertieg said:
Just to piss you off I'm on Blueyonders 2mb trial at the moment its blindin.lol:D
I'm on Blueyonder too and didnt think the 1MB was worth the extra. How much extra you paying for the 2MB ?

VIPER_1069 said:
kazza and 3 hrs !? hmmmmm if there is enough willing people to share bigger files !? more often than not they hate sharing anything with you even if you share more than they do !?:confused: but hey you are gettin ADSL :)

look out BT users for BT'S midband broadband comming soon its 128bit connection for people who live too far from an exchange hey its not great but its better than 56k at least and it will be not much more on the price than your current dialup :)

and also look out for 1mbit BT asdl connections but for a price no doubt :)

:)
Yeah I am currently paying £15.99 to AOL for 24/7. The cost with pipex is £23.44 for pipex solo*you provide your own equipment*, but they have made some changes to the pricing structure.

http://www.xtreme.pipex.net/adsl/sales/solutions/solo/

Before they would pay the line activation fee, but now they offer the following.

For a limited time only, PIPEX will pay half of the £58.75 activation fee charged by BT, leaving you with only a £25.00 +VAT (£29.38 Inc VAT) set-up fee to pay. And if that wasn’t enough to convince you to join the UK’s leading independent broadband provider, PIPEX will even give you your third months ADSL service absolutely FREE! That represents a combined saving of over £52.00. I guess it's not a bad deal.

I wasn't even aware a cost of £60 to activate your line, thats BT again greedy ********, all because they have the monopoly :(

Someone like Richard Branson the worlds most successfull business man should do a hostile takeover of B.T. He has the Intelligence, money and every business venture has been successfull for him:D Watch out BT your days are numbered you greedy B******S. I hope a BT Rep reads this, for he can shove it where the sun don't shine :D

Greetz The Diplomat:eek:

I will keep browsing the ADSL forums for now, as I have got till June.

live links acceptable IF they are not linking to warez sites or wares :) in this case the link is 110% illegal .... erm i mean legal lol lol :p :D>>>VIPER_1069<<< Behave Viper editing my posts :eek: lmao

P.s. yer lucky it cost me best part of £280 to get installed ,activated and one months in advance and the modem :( ........ BUT and i say but it was well worth it the price per month has already dropped £10 from £39.99 to £28.99 :D:D it pays for itself in the long run :) used to pay £30 a month for 24/7 dialup access :( ... would never go back to 56k access now ever could not live without broadband :D >>>>>VIPER_1069<<<<

Last edited:
The 128 bit MIDBAND ADSL on BT should be announced officially soon after trials have taken place will no doubt cost not much more than 56k access ... i spose this is the alternative to the what once was the popular 128 bit HOME HIGHWAY or 128bit ISDN lines they offered and oddly enuff still do offer and... operate !? :confused:

not fantastic but its better than NO INTERNET at all lol :p

One sad fact, is that for ISDN, your foneline is converted too digital, 3 peeps I know have it. Feel sorry for them, not really they were once mates F*****. They will need the digital line removed and the old analogue line put back. Gonna cost them a nice wack of doh:D

See if they had waited like I have, they wouldn't have got themselves in the ****:)

Greets The Diplomat;)

shove your FAST speeds up your ass.:mad:
My region is enabled on the 16 april
BUT oh joy I`m on the limit of the exchange so may only receive limited speeds.
(And we can put a man on the moon.)
still I am beautiful, no matter what they say.
God I gotta stay of this plonk.
Spottydawwwwg

spottydog said:
shove your FAST speeds up your ass.:mad:
My region is enabled on the 16 april
BUT oh joy I`m on the limit of the exchange so may only receive limited speeds.
(And we can put a man on the moon.)
still I am beautiful, no matter what they say.
God I gotta stay of this plonk.
Spottydawwwwg
Do you not think that post was a little harsh? We like to keep the peace within the forum! Try and be a little a little more conservative if you don't mind!

Thanxs

Intercept said:
Do you not think that post was a little harsh? We like to keep the peace within the forum! Try and be a little a little more conservative if you don't mind!

Thanxs
He's a yorkshireman ! What else do y'need ! ;)