ac3 probs

r0nd0

Hi All, I've just had this lipsync problem.I have a movie file which is split into 2 xvid.avi's with AC3 sound.
As per usual I encode the 2 halves seperately using DVD2SVCD with cce then author using TMPGEnc DVD Author.This method always worked before.
The first half of the movie(avi part1) is way out of sync but the second half(avi part 2) is perfectly in sync.
After reading some posts I decided to convert the encoded audio files(.mp2) from dvd2svcd back to ac3 sound (using ffmpegGUI) but the same problem still happened.
After reading some more I used AVI Info but there's no lipsync problem with the .avi file.
Some more reading led me to AC3 Delay Corrector which after trial and error fixed my problem.
I had to add a start delay of 7365 ms !!! to the 1st .avi file and do nothing with the 2nd .avi file.Authored as usual using TMPGEnc DVD Author and Lipsync now perfect from start to end.
(At this point I was using the AC3 files I created earlier using ffmpegGUI)

This seems a big delay to me but is this normal with ac3 conversion?

Also, although I have the AC3 plugin for TMPGEnc DVD Author installed on my machine it's not verified :eek: lol is this maybe my problem?
Sorry if any confusion but still learning.
Any help/comments appreciated r0nd0.

The problem is not specific to AC3 audio, just crappy made AVI's in the first place or by someone that had absolutely no idea what they were doing. What you did is the best and simplest way to fix the problem.

r0nd0

Thanks CM, I've done well over 100 .avi conversions to DVD using your method every conversion exept 2 was good. :D
The only two movies I had a problem with had AC3 audio so I just assumed it must be the AC3 audio causing the probs.
lol, I suppose I can't complain as I've only had 2 crappy made .avi's out of over 100, all d/l's. ;) ;)

Anyway thanks again CM.
r0nd0