about kaspersky product

hi can anyone pls provide me some feedback on kaspersky products nowadays?When it was still known as avp,was a nice proggie but as from version 4x,it became a memory hogger
how gd do u guys n gals now rate kaspersky products,esp kaspersky internet security?is it better than f-secure?
thx ;)

serjer said:
hi can anyone pls provide me some feedback on kaspersky products nowadays?When it was still known as avp,was a nice proggie but as from version 4x,it became a memory hogger
how gd do u guys n gals now rate kaspersky products,esp kaspersky internet security?is it better than f-secure?
thx ;)

NO ideas mate not used it in ages when i did i found it too jumpy with false positives :(

stuck with AVG for anti virus and ZONE ALARM for my software firewall for checking (outgoing) .. the routers my hardware firewall to cover the rest :D

Version 6 is OK (in contrast to the problematic version 5), but still version 4.5 may be your best shot (although I do not know if its sold anymore...).

streetwise said:
My recommendation would be NOD32 antivirus, Agnitum outpost firewall and Spysweeper against spyware.

@streetwise ... do you not find NOD32 too jumpy with too many false positives !?

i had loads of bother with it every time i tried it legit files were throwing up warnings most of the time for me :(

streetwise

@streetwise ... do you not find NOD32 too jumpy with too many false positives !?
So it's been NOD giving all those warnings:( (Actually I wanted to blush here). I don't bother to look which of the 3 security proggies is giving the warning. I'm off to Zone Alarm. Been hearing lots of positive things about it.

streetwise said:
So it's been NOD giving all those warnings:( (Actually I wanted to blush here). I don't bother to look which of the 3 security proggies is giving the warning. I'm off to Zone Alarm. Been hearing lots of positive things about it.

erm NODS yer Antivirus ZONE ALARMS a firewall :p

most of us here use AVG freeware and have no bother at all :)

a few of us use zone alarm purely for the fact its easy to use for checkin outgoin connection attempts .. as above my main firewall is my routers inbuilt firwall :)

streetwise

So who was I to advise Serjer? Actually I was trying to sound intelligent by passing on some advice I got from someone I respect (Damn I need an emoticon for blushing).

streetwise said:
So who was I to advise Serjer? Actually I was trying to sound intelligent by passing on some advice I got from someone I respect (Damn I need an emoticon for blushing).

WHAT ABOUT this one ..... >>> :eek: its called embarrassment :p :D

what you got to remember streetwise is that WE HAVE TESTED just about ALL antivirus programs and firewall programs out there and still test new ones but even then still go back to trusted and reliable ones :D

bben using is6 now for 10 weeks....seems to be a very affective prog, easy to set up and forget.try scanning my system with spybot search and destroy yesterday and nothing was found.Previuosly used nod32 but when i installed is6 it found a few bugs nod had missed...
pop up blocker is excellent as is the anti banner my only gripe is when the application integrity is running it tends to slow my system, so i leave it turned off.According to certain sites this will be fixed in the next build which is due out shortly i believe.... 9/10

IM suprised that some of U use AVG as it is well known it has really crappy detection & never does well in AV tests :)

NOD (i use it) does have a few FP's just like almost every other AV out there :)

KAV is good too but it best to scan right away with it as further scans will be much quicker if U use the scan new & changed files :)

BaNzI :D

I am using fsecure since Pokopiko former member recomended to us maybe 5-6-7 years ago cant remember exacly when,first a workstation joined with sygate as firewall,it was a5.29 version i think.
When sygate got sold to norton-symantec im using fsecure set called
antivirus client security which is all in one,like av,firewall,email checker,antispyware and such,and i can tell you i am preetty please with it as i never found some virus,trojan or spyware with some other app.
Also its got one more really significant feature which is harder to find in some other app but due to nature of that """feature""i cannot mentione it here:cool:
If you need a real good all in 1 app check fsecure-you wont be dissapointed for sure:)

EDIT;;;I always used a corporate versions so i really dont know how good their appz for home usrs are???Anyway check here and see http://www.f-secure.com/enterprises/products/fsavcs.html

Last edited:
thx for all ur feedback guys :)
i'm currently using fprot+avast+oupost2.7+ snd spybot ..tried F-Secure Client Security but had some performance issues & firewall probs,so returned back to my current config