A New Version of The Lovesan Worm Is On The Loose [Kaspersky Labs]

Kaspersky Labs, a leading expert in information security, has identified a new modification of the notorious Lovesan worm (also know as "Blaster").

Kaspersky Labs' experts anticipate that in the short run a repeated outbreak of the global scale may occur. This is because the two versions of "Lovesan" exploit the same vulnerability in Windows and may co-exist on the same computer. "In other words, all computers infected by the original "Lovesan" will soon be attacked by its revamped versio," commented Eugene Kaspersky, Head of Anti-Virus Research for Kaspersky Labs, "Taking into consideration that the amount of infected systems is now reaching 300,000 the return of the worm will imply a doubling of this number and lead to unpredictable results." In the worst case scenario the world community might face a global Internet slow-down and regional disruption of access to the World Wide Web: just as it happened in January 2003 due to the "Slammer" worm.

Technologically, the new modification of "Lovesan" is a copycat of the original. Slight changes were made only to the appearance of the worm: a new name of the main worm-carrier file (TEEKIDS.EXE instead of MSBLAST.EXE), a different method of code compression (FSG instead of UPX), and new "copyright" strings in the body of the worm abusing Microsoft and anti-virus developers.

Users of Kaspersky® Anti-Virus can be sure that this new worm will not harm to their computers. All Kaspersky Labs products effectively detect both modifications of "Lovesan", without requiring an update.

U know somethin these virus writers really p**s me off:mad:

While the slammer 1 doesn't do much damage, there arwe worse ones out there, jsut annoys me that they can make them so easy 2 write & also the fact that microsux is by far the biggest target cauase of their crap security:(

It doesn't suprise me that the exploit the msblast uses has been around since NT4 & it only now that they fix it, pathetic if U ask me

BaNzI:D

maybe if microsoft waited till there products were finished b4 they released them we all might get on better

but dont say much in one new report i seen msblast was reported by a hacking group in 16th june/july cant mind which and its taken how long to fix

but nice how all nt kernal based o's are going same way

banzibaby said:
U know somethin these virus writers really p**s me off:mad:

While the slammer 1 doesn't do much damage, there arwe worse ones out there, jsut annoys me that they can make them so easy 2 write & also the fact that microsux is by far the biggest target cauase of their crap security:(

It doesn't suprise me that the exploit the msblast uses has been around since NT4 & it only now that they fix it, pathetic if U ask me

No doubt about it. Virus writers are above only paedophiles and terrorists in the "Biggest Turds" competition. Pathetic, sad, pimpled, girlfriend-less, baseball hatted, skidmark-underpanted morons.

Phil K said:
No doubt about it. Virus writers are above only paedophiles and terrorists in the "Biggest Turds" competition. Pathetic, sad, pimpled, girlfriend-less, baseball hatted, skidmark-underpanted morons.

i have to say virus writer maybe the scum of the earth but it must show some skill in being able to do this just a shame they use there skill this way

but if microsoft had patched all the hole alot of the virus would never have happened

Last edited:
Well if they had 2 make their OS's more secure then billy might nor make as much cash, i know they all have automatic updates now, but they still seem 2 get caught out all the time

M$ really is gettin 2 be a joke:mad:

MICROSUCK = BIGGEST VIRUS out there !!!

effects :- it LEECHES your bank balance with constant releases !!

Needs constant hardware upgrades to keep up with the releases and causes more bank balance dissruption!

Causes headaches and baldness in both sexes with the pulling out of the roots with the stresses of things not working or needing more newer latest drivers etc etc :(

Causes brain strain from over thinkin of what the HELLS gone wrong now and how do i fix this and ...oh sh** another blue screen of death and i did not do a thing !? :(

and the list goes on and on and on !

:)

VIPER_1069 said:
MICROSUCK = BIGGEST VIRUS out there !!!

effects :- it LEECHES your bank balance with constant releases !!

Needs constant hardware upgrades to keep up with the releases and causes more bank balance dissruption!

Causes headaches and baldness in both sexes with the pulling out of the roots with the stresses of things not working or needing more newer latest drivers etc etc :(

Causes brain strain from over thinkin of what the HELLS gone wrong now and how do i fix this and ...oh sh** another blue screen of death and i did not do a thing !? :(

and the list goes on and on and on !

:)
Of course it does, it's made by Microsoft, that's what we have to live with.

I'm sure we all could learn Linux and it's associated apps, but do you really want to learn all those graphics and web design apps again !

I personally couldn't be bothered, I like Photoshop and Dreamweaver/Flash, so I'll put up with the patches.

Bill Gates has always had only two driving forces............ money and domination of the software market.

He has certainly achieved the second, the first one, well how much money does one person need ?

As for the virus spreading around, yes a knowledge of Windows systems in this case has been a necessity, but most of them are written by script kiddies, which is why we never hear of them, they are so easy to defeat.