A few questions about the new kazaalite

Hi Folks:)

Like a lot of U, i got the new 1.40 version of kazaalite

After installin it & givin it access in kerio for 4 types of connection ie TCP in, TCP out, UDP out & UDP in.Told kerio 2 remember me choices

Then later on when checkin me port state at www.grc.com , i foubd that all me ports had went from stealth 2 closed :confused: Had 2 uninstall kerio & reinstall it again 2 solve it :eek:

Now i have kazaalite setup as TCP in & TCP out, but have blocked the UDP in & out.Only way 2 keep me ports stealthed

What is this UDP thing, do i need 2 enable it or is it better 2 block it.Doesn't seem 2 affect downloads on kazaa, but i did seem 2 get cut off from them after a bit

I jusy have the basic options enabled in kazaa, & have not used the option 2 block the port that kazaa uses

Appreciate any help given & would advise others 2 check their port status usin GRC.com if they are usin the new version
Cheers:)

BaNzI:D

Cheers bionic:)

I know 4 a fact that it was the new kazaalite the made all me ports go from stealthed 2 closed, also when i checked kerio's log, i saw a lot of green entries that it had let through

Have checked with Avast, F-Prot, Spybot & Anti Trojan & everythin comes up ok

Checked out the links U gave, the forum 1 has no mention of any probs wuth the newer version (prolly cause it still new:) )I done the Sygate online security check & all ports come back stealthed or blocked:)

enable all connections udp and otherwise, kazaa lite is a good program, it dosent show ads or popups or spies on you, enable everything for kazaa lite 2.4.0

hajj:) I did do that & it made all me ports go from stealthed 2 closed & also let through a hell of a lot of packets

Untill i know more, the UDP in & out will stay blocked

Enablin it might actually make Ur system more attackable

Using kerio 3 beta6 (and just accepting kazaa in+out when prompted) everything turns up stealthed here.
Seems the word is generally not to mess with kazaas ports (as hajj said)
Although(this is for old kazaa and kerio 2.14):
---
To Download:

TCP Out
Local Port: Any
Remote Address: Any
Remote Port: 1214
Application: Kazaa Exec.

To share :

TCP In
Local Port: 1214
Remote Address: Any
Remote Port: Any
Application: Kazaa Exec.

Rest of tcp blocked
All udp blocked

---

The drawback with the above rule is that port 1214 is a known kazaa port, so your basicly telling "the world" that your using kazaa. Also it wont work if you turn of port 1214 in preferences.

Heres something on firewall blocklists
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/index.html

Also check out some opinions about steve gibson and shieldsup
http://www.grcsucks.com/
:)

Last edited:
Ok after enablin both UDP in & out in Kerio & checkin the option in kazaalite 2 block port 1214, this is what i get from grc.com

FTP

Stealth!
There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address!

Telnet

Stealth!
There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address!

SMTP

Stealth!

Finger

Stealth!

HTTP

Stealth!

POP3

Stealth!

IDENT

Stealth!

RPC

Stealth!

Net
BIOS

Stealth!

IMAP

Stealth!

HTTPS

Stealth!

MSFT
DS

Stealth!

UPnP

Stealth!

Just off 2 check with the online sygate scan (bleh it don't work with opera, just get a this port is blocked 4 security reasons bleh):D

PS Just checked it with the Sygate online scan, You have blocked all of our probes :) :) :)

But this leaves me wonderin what screwed things up in the first place :confused: The only thing i have installed recently was that new version of kazaalite :confused:

Last edited: