70-Year-Old Ex-SAS Soldier Pwns 4 Muggers

<center>[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]70-year-old ex-SAS soldier dares to tackle four muggers and wins [/FONT]
</center> [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]A 70-year-old former British soldier who fought guerillas in Aden and Triad gangs in Hong Kong showed four muggers how it doesn't pay to mess with the SAS. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas O'Dell is past retirement age but the moves he learned as a volunteer in Britain's toughest regiment half-a-century ago stood him in good stead when he was ambushed near his home in Bielefeld, Germany, by four local toughs. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The former Provost Sergeant put paid to the danger on the street like he once took out bandits in hotspots across the globe. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]THWACK! The first mistake came when one of the teenagers grabbed him around the throat and said in German: "Give my your money, grandad, if you don't want to get hurt." [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"Bad move," said Douglas. "The only part he got right was grandad. If you're gonna grab someone from behind take their arms and pin them to their waist. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"This joker, I was able to grab his elbow, crouch down and throw him over my shoulder. He landed on his back on a fence and squealed like a stuck pig." � [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CRASH!�As one went down another moved in and Douglas thought he saw him reaching for a knife. � The Birmingham-born divorcee, who has a daughter and three grandchildren, said: "I had the measure of him but I slipped on some wet leaves as he came for me and bashed my face badly on the concrete. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"I saw his boot coming towards my face and I thought: 'No you don't, sunshine.' I grabbed his leg and twisted it until he too was screaming out in agony. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"Then I got to my feet and kicked him in the chest." � [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]With two down the two remaining would-be muggers had enough. One peeled his groaning pal from the fence, the other picked up his crippled accomplice from the pavement. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"The last I saw of them they were limping down the pavement like a WW1 trench raiding party who got clobbered," said Douglas. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas, who served nearly nine years with the Royal Warwickshire Regiment before leaving the army in the late 1950s, learned his combat moves when he was accepted for SAS training. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]He completed the course and was to join the famous regiment when he contracted malaria and had to leave the army. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"I was upset at the time but I made the best of it.�It's funny, but I never thought I would need to know that stuff again, the unarmed combat, but it came back just when I needed it." � [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The youths ambushed him just 60 feet from the flat he lives in in the British Army garrison town he has called home since 1961. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]He went on: "The police only became involved because I went to the hospital with my face.� Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.�They didn't get anything � except a bloody good hiding. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"They were German, I think east Germans, from their accent.�There have been a lot of break-ins in my road.� [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"I just didn�t think this would happen to me.�I was only returning from a pal's place after drinking a few beers." � [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas, who spent three years as a policeman in Birmingham before returning to Germany to live after his marriage ended, shares his flat with a mongrel dog called Schnuffi. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]He still works, as a delivery driver, "because my pension isn't very good." � [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Police in Bielefeld are still looking for his attackers.� [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]But a spokesman said: "He had everything under control. These guys picked the wrong guy on the wrong night."
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
Daily Mail
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
Good for him. :D
[/FONT]