48K SVCD Audio?

I've got a Panasonic CVP52 Carousel player. It plays VCDs beautifully. It also plays VCD/SVCD on DVDs perfectly. But it will not play SVCDs... the video is fine, but the audio comes in bursts. I'm guessing that this is because it is 44.1K audio and the decoder wants 48K audio to compliment the MPG2 encoding (hence, why SVCD on DVD is fine - 48K audio).

I'd like to try converting a standard SVCD to an SVCD with 48K audio and burning it to a CD-R to see if it will work. Does anyone know of an app(s) that I can use to:

1) Convert 44.1K MPA files to 48K
2) Mux the new 48K stream with the original MPV in a SVCD compliant stream (will TMPEnc or Womble do this?)
3) Create a CUE/BIN (or equivalent) from this new MPEG (will VCDGear do this with a 48K audio stream?)

I have a feeling this will work with my player. It would be a lot better for me than using DVD-R's since I get most of my CD-R's for free! :D

1) TMPGEnc, BeSweet, HeadAC3e, CoolEdit, etc.
2) TMPGEnc will, not sure about womble. bbMPEG should work to.
3) VCD Easy or Nero, etc.

Would be better to just create 48KHz SVCD direct from DVD though rather than 48KHz-->44.1-->48.

celtic_druid said:
Would be better to just create 48KHz SVCD direct from DVD though rather than 48KHz-->44.1-->48.
Exactly. As I say in my Tutes, 48khz audio plays just fine in all the DVD Players I have ever tested them in and I think I have only ever made 1 SVCD with 44.1 audio (very first one !), I ALWAYS used the original 48khz audio for my SVCD's knowing DVDR's were around the corner. Now that the corner has come, I have no probs converting my SVCD's to DVDR and no loss of audio quality.

I agree that using the original 48K is the best answer. Unfortunately, I am backing up some original SVCDs and they are mastered with 44.1K, so I don't have much choice.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll let you know how it goes.