2 movies in one

I was attempting to back up a new movie i just bought, with a blind guy in it, when i noticed it came up with two identical large movie files when previewed they both were the same ic7 would pick both not one or the other and i went to clonedvd and picked just one of them, it worked but has anyone ever seen this before

On some dvds you will have the different film types like widescreen or full screen mode.Yours might have this.

When there is 2 large files it normally means 1 is 4:3 and the other widescreen.
This is common with US movies.
The other thing it could be is that it was an alternative angle movie, altho with these there are multiple IFO files but only 1 set of VOB files

The director's cut should be a different length though. In such a case there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to have both on your backup.

Here is one I havent seen for a long time, in 007 Die Another Day - PAL R2&4. As seen in the pic below, there are 2 Angles in Program Chain 13 and 2 on 14. All the same length, but on the DVD there is only 1 set of VOB files VTS_01_x.VOB. I'm using SmartRipper here.

Also the subtitles when Korean is spoken are "hidden" in a directors comments stream. There a 5 English subtitle streams also.

To backup this one will test out anyone.

that is the same problem i had, it wouldnt work with ic7 so i used clonedvd and selected the first one and left out the others selected my subs and audio and it worked well, the only problem i got if i cut out the intros and warnings the screen was white, and i had to leave it run through them as if they were there, then the movie started as normal with no problems