100 pack Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R =$45

Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R Media silver thermal printable 100 pack
Ratings:
Product Code: DVD01X0165-100
Manufacturer: Taiyo Yuden
Mfr part #: These Taiyo Yuden 4.7GB General Purpose DVD-R are for data and video and come on 50 disc spindle. These disc are compatible with DVD-R burners that use DVD-R media for general purpose. These DVD-R's are are very high quality and reliable. more...
Regular Price: $300.00Sale Price: $55.00You Save: 82%After Coupon: $45.00Apply $10 off code: ThanksTaiyo at checkout. Coupon
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media-100.html

Only seen pictures, but it does look like a Taiyo cakebox in the picture - mind you, if they can fake Taiyo ID, they can probably fake the cakebox too.

Just now when i bnought a dvdwriter i can see that media is very important.....
Bought some spindles of - and every second one i try to burn-coaster..
Bought also same day a cheapo + too..like brand is aml..they atleast burn :)
Btw,if i bought a fake..from outside no,but when i put in a drive and strt alcohol for example it will show that is not ty right??it will show some no name media :) am i correct?

zver said:
Just now when i bnought a dvdwriter i can see that media is very important.....
Bought some spindles of - and every second one i try to burn-coaster..
Bought also same day a cheapo + too..like brand is aml..they atleast burn :)
Btw,if i bought a fake..from outside no,but when i put in a drive and strt alcohol for example it will show that is not ty right??it will show some no name media :) am i correct?
We would need more info to rule out user error.:p In the right forum too I may add. :p

"Fake TY" has a Taiyo Yuden ID (like TYG02), but is not made by TY.

To the drive, it will appear to be TY, and will be handled with TY strategy - at rated speed, some of it is actually quite usable in some drives.

Possibly the best known fake is the Mirror 8x -R with the TYG02 code - though it's probably only misleading advertisers who are trying to pass it off as TY media - in some respects, it's certainly better than most junk coded media, but it sure as hell ain't TY.

There was an ad campaign once "real Sherry only comes from Spain".
well, "Real Taiyo Yuden only comes from Japan".

Other identification:
The price, unless it's a genuine special.
The cakebox - Taiyo's is quite distinctive