Why you closed my Thread, WOODY!!!

ya

Hey woody, Did I do something wrong? Why you close my thread so early?

And thanks for you guys respond. My problem is not about complatible, replace HDD or anything. Like I mentioned I have another 2 RAID IDE available so there is no problem about using ATA133. I only wanna add new hdd, that is all.

Again my concern are about Power Supply and Setting in Raid Function (if I dont want raid 0/1 in my system).

And yes the one that I'm looking at is the one at staple, It is Maxtor 60 GB ATA133 which this deal will end [b[TOMORROW[\b]. .

Last edited:
I would suggest you get a better PSU. You mentioned in your other thread that it was just a cheapy. Even if it has enough power, being a cheapy would probably make it unstable.
Look for something in at least 400Watts but 450W is probs a better bet. This is due to the fact you will have 4 or more HDD and you have some 5 fans, along with other things will require something that is reliably giving enough juice.

For raid, you have to have the same sized HDD otherwise you're just playing with fire (normally you want exact same models). You have a few raid configurations to choose from:
0/1/3-5 but this can be tedious to explain.
Not sure if you want raid, or if you want JBOD? :
h**p://www.iomega.com/support/documents/11242.html

for info on RAID setups and guide:
h**p://www.pcmech.com/show/harddrive/296/1/

PS
sorry I don't want to spend countless time typing everything up when the wheel has already been invented (especially when not sure which way you want to go).

Good luck

dx

ya said:
Hey woody, Did I do something wrong? Why you close my thread so early?

And thanks for you guys respond.
Hey bud you are welcome. Sadly, there are some lamers on the list that cause problems and ocassionally cause closed threads. Again as Woody said...its not your fault.

Also listen to Shadoe...you are in for a world full of hurt unless you use two of the same drives. I use RAID every day at work and have learned the hard way that RAID requires 2 of the same drives to work properly.