Problem cutting svcd

Every time I try and cut an svcd file so it fits on a cd I get error messages. Using TMPEG and after I add in the svcd file and hit ok, it gives me an error mesage and then a "send error report" to mickysoft.

Try this on 2 computers and I get the same troubles every time. When cutting a vcd there is no troubles at all. Any idea?

Another question..

Also, when I try and enocde a divx to vcd using nero the movie plays ok but sound always cuts off after a few seconds.

thanks

the error message is common (at least I get it almost every time). It just is an error message due to the length you cut the movie at. Just hit the correct button & should be ok.

Now the problem you have is the micronutz trying to send out the error report. You have to disable error reporting & other spyware stuff on your PC. Don't know what windows version you're using, but if it's winXP then use XPAntiSpy.

Also do not encode with Nero. Nero is just terrible for encoding. Only use nero to burn with, unless you like poor quality or are in a hurry.

Good luck.

PS
am not exactly sure which error message you are getting, so you might have another issue. Please try & specify what error pops up for you.

Thanks for your reply

Doesn't matter how short I try and cut the movie I always get an error message saying "At address 73F91D04, Read error accured against address 73F91D04" then get that mickysoft error. I click "do not send" and then tmpeg closes.

It happens only when trying to cut an svcd.

What version of TMPGEnc are you using? If a "normal" version, SVCD suport runs out in 15 or 30 days. Try with version 12a as it has full SVCD suport built in.

As for AVI to VCD, piss Nero off and use a real encoder, like TMPGEnc. Have a read of the tutorial in the Movie Tutorial section.

Any idea where to find 12a?

I am using 2.53 now and haven't seen a 12a anywhere.

thanks

Last edited:
That's the version I have but it's already patched. Anyway I haven't been using this longer than a week. Mine doesn't have the "c" at the end. Says core version is 1.84.130

Still gives me that error on 2 different systems.

Awesome!

Thanks again :)

btw, your dvx tutorial and also the svcd one are the ones I use and they work great. Thanks for taking the time to do that. :)