NeroVision needs Mpeg2 plugin to create a DVD

When I use NeroVision 1046 and try to "create" ... not burn ... a DVD

A window pops up ... displaying this message
-----------------------------------------
To burn your video to highest-quality DVD-Video discs, an MPEG-2 codec license is required, due to patent license restrictions for encoding and decoding MPEG-2 files.

You can purchase our state-of-the-art MPEG-2/DVD plugin to create DVD-Video titles. The MPEG-2/DVD plugin includes the latest MPEG-2/SVCD plugin for SVCDs.

Please visit w*w.nero.com for information on how to make your purchase.
----------------------------------------

Nothing wrong happens if I try to convert a SVCD from a "avi" video.

Yes ... Yes ... I know ... why bother ... but still ... what's up with this message saying I can't make a DVD with NeroVision ??????

Any body have the answer ... I'm using Nero 55.10.41 Enterprise Edition for burning DVDs.

Sincerely ... Mach10

this message means you have to purchase and install the Nero MPEG-2/DVD plugin;
the fact that you can render to SVCD let me guess that you have installed the older MPEG-2/SVCD plugin but not the latest MPEG-2/DVD plugin (whích includes MPEG-2 for SVCD);

Greetings from
Duracell

Duracell said:
this message means you have to purchase and install the Nero MPEG-2/DVD plugin;
the fact that you can render to SVCD let me guess that you have installed the older MPEG-2/SVCD plugin but not the latest MPEG-2/DVD plugin (whích includes MPEG-2 for SVCD);

Greetings from
Duracell
Ah ... yeah ... okay ... thank you ... So Duracell ... staying busy ??

Remember now ... If you're going to drink don't drive, if you're going to drive ... don't drink

As for your explanation ... yep your right ... that is what it says ... you've been extremely helpful

Sincerely ... Mach10

You'd better use something else to do your DVD or (S)VCD masterings. Nero sucks bigtime, you should use it to burn only.

scarecrow said:
You'd better use something else to do your DVD or (S)VCD masterings. Nero sucks bigtime, you should use it to burn only.
Okay guys ... you can all rest now ... I had not yet installed the correct Nero Mpeg 2 plugin yet.

The reason I was posting this message was because I thought I had already installed the correct plugin and because NeroVision did display the DVD option before in the past ... I thought maybe they made some improvements.

So I was posting here to find out if some advances had been made. And if I did decide to try NeroVision to make a DVD it would be only to see how bad/good the results would be in comparision to the many other programs I have installed.

I had not done a thorough search for other Nero SVCD-DVD Plugins on my computer ... 340 GBs ... can contain alot of ... junk.

Sincerely ... Gary

The MPEG-2 Nero pluggin is NOT required for burning SVCD's (MPEG-2) files, it is ONLY needed for encoding with and as Scarecrow said, it suc BIG time indead. It would have to be one of the worst mpeg2 encoders around.

ChickenMan said:
The MPEG-2 Nero pluggin is NOT required for burning SVCD's (MPEG-2) files, it is ONLY needed for encoding with and as Scarecrow said, it suc BIG time indead. It would have to be one of the worst mpeg2 encoders around.
Yes ... Yes

It has been a while since I burned some SVCDs [with Nero].
I used DVD2SVCD ... when I made them. I moved on to DVDs.

I have read the posts ... I saw all the lousy reviews Nero has gotten ... if you let Nero make a SVCD from scratch.

3. I am saying if I had time to waste ... start it ... and go to sleep and see the final results ... just for the heck of it.

But anyway guys ... I found the correct NeroVision DVD/Mpeg2 plugin ... I'd forgotten where I had it stashed on my computer system.

Later ... Dudes

woud you mind sharing the Nerovsion DVD/Mpeg2 plugin??

Mach10 said:
Yes ... Yes

It has been a while since I burned some SVCDs [with Nero].
I used DVD2SVCD ... when I made them. I moved on to DVDs.

I have read the posts ... I saw all the lousy reviews Nero has gotten ... if you let Nero make a SVCD from scratch.

3. I am saying if I had time to waste ... start it ... and go to sleep and see the final results ... just for the heck of it.

But anyway guys ... I found the correct NeroVision DVD/Mpeg2 plugin ... I'd forgotten where I had it stashed on my computer system.

Later ... Dudes

Are there any good, free encoders?

Can BBMPEG encode to DVD-standard?
- and if so, is it any good

Rather disappointing, actually - Nero 6 seems to have been hyped as a "do this, do that" solutions, but then the plugin buying starts!

ffmpeg can encode mpeg2, no idea about quality though.

Output audio/video file formats: mpeg vcd vob mpegts crc image imagepipe mp2 ac3 h263 m4v h264 mpeg1video mjpeg s16le s16be u16le u16be s8 u8 mulaw alaw rawvideo null rm asf asf_stream avi wav swf au gif mpjpeg singlejpeg dv yuv4mpegpipe
Input audio/video file formats: mpeg mpegts image imagepipe mp3 ac3 h263 m4v h264 mpegvideo mjpeg s16le s16be u16le u16be s8 u8 mulaw alaw rawvideo rm asf avi wav swf au gif mov dv 4xm
Output image formats: pbm pgm ppm pam pgmyuv yuv jpeg gif
Input image formats: pnm pam pgmyuv yuv jpeg gif
Codecs:
Encoders: ac3 mp2 mpeg1video h263 h263p rv10 mpeg4 msmpeg4v1 msmpeg4v2 msmpeg4 wmv1 wmv2 mjpeg ljpeg huffyuv asv1 ffv1 rawvideo pcm_s16le pcm_s16be pcm_u16le pcm_u16be pcm_s8 pcm_u8 pcm_alaw pcm_mulaw adpcm_ima_qt adpcm_ima_wav adpcm_ms adpcm_4xm
Decoders: rawvideo h263 mpeg4 msmpeg4v1 msmpeg4v2 msmpeg4 wmv1 wmv2 h263i rv10 svq1 svq3 wmav1 wmav2 indeo3 mpegvideo dvvideo dvaudio mjpeg mjpegb mp2 mp3 mace3 mace6 huffyuv ffv1 cyuv h264 vp3 asv1 4xm ac3 real_144 real_288 pcm_s16le pcm_s16be pcm_u16le pcm_u16be pcm_s8 pcm_u8 pcm_alaw pcm_mulaw adpcm_ima_qt adpcm_ima_wav adpcm_ms adpcm_4xm
Supported file protocols: file: pipe:
Frame size abbreviations: sqcif qcif cif 4cif
Motion estimation methods: zero(fastest) full(slowest) log phods epzs(default) x1