multiple bin/cue's to dvd

Hi folks

Whats the easiest way to convert multiple bin/cue files (movie) to a single dvd compliant file(mpg).

thanks in advance

flyby2001

You can convert them to mpeg files with vcdgear and then you will need to author them with a dvd authoring program

Depends if these are images are for VCD or SVCD's though. SVCD res video is not DVD compliant so you would need to encode both.

VCD on the other hand the video is compliant and therefor only the audio needs re-encoding. You can convert the audio from the mpg directly and resample using ffmpeg. Then demux the video stream using bbdemux. Then I guess to fully complete your question you would need to remultiplex to mpeg using say TMPGEnc or bbMPEG. This however is a waste of time as most authoring apps prefer elementry streams anyway. Along the same lines I should point out that although not compliant SVCD res video can be used although it will not work on all players.

cheers for the info, i thinks it's easier just to keep em as vcd/svcd as my players play em anyways.

thanks for your help.

flyby2001

@flyby as the guys suggested .... im a relative newb at this but i can give u an easy guide to doing this myself :)

extract the mpgs or mpeg2s with either vcdgear or isobuster with iso buster you need to choose extract and filter m2f2 frames :)

then if your player already supports svcds then thats an easy process follow REBOOTJIMS guide to DVD LAB :) its really simple and easy to use :)

if not or you have vcd mpegs then you can join the mpegs in tmpgenc pretty straight forward just add the mpegs and join in the tools then once joined process with tmpgenc and use the DVD TEMPLATE just change the settings to high quality slow for good results :)

do this overnite if your system is not ultra fast then feed this resulting file to dvdlab and AGAIN follow rebotjims guide to making the menus etc etc :)

thanks to chickenman for his guide on dvd2svcd , thanks for poacher & bertieg for the advice and tips on how i need to reconvert with tmpgenc for a compatible format and thanks to REBOOTJIM for the extra parts that was niggling me with DVD LAB :)

thanks to these guides and the help here ive figured it out and can almost do this blind folded :)

try the guides flyby its worth the hassle :)

As you can fit 2 maby 3 films to a dvd this way depending if the svcds/vcds are 2 disk or 3 disks each :)

and yes i consider this the EASY WAY lol time consuming to learn but once learnt then its a whole heap faster :)

its good also with dvd lab as you can import pictures to use as backdrops and use web page buttons for play buttons etc etc :)

rebootjim

Celtic-druid (and others) there's only one problem. DVDLab really doesn't like VCD. It will pop up the warning about SVCD maybe not playing in all dvd players, but with VCD it really complains, and often simply won't take the video at all. It will however, take HalfD1 if you can get your encoder to mux it that way.

It is awfully easy... you just have to spare $25 for a good DVD-ROM, or $75 for a good DVD/CDRW combo, or finally $110 for a good DVD burner- or finally watch them at your friends' house.

For me DVDLab simply states that the file is MPEG-1, that DVD supports MPEG-1, but was primarily designed for MPEG-2.

Older versions also stated that they could not preview MPEG-1.

I wouldn't call that complaining alot. TMPGEnc DVD author also handles MPEG-1 fine.

So step 1, load the mpg into ffMPEGGUI, set the output file and hit encode.
Step2, run bbdemux something like: bbdemux movie.mpg 0xe0 movie.mpv.
Repeat for additional mpg's.
Step3, import into DVD authoring app, adding CD1/2/3 as a single movie/title and additonal movies as seperate movies/titles.

rebootjim

I guess it depends on version then. I haven't upgraded dvdlab, so assuming I have a version that barfs on VCD :p