Can you Burn Divx Movies onto a DVD disk? ifso how?

Can you Burn Divx Movies onto a DVD disk? ifso how?

Hi guys

i wanted to know if its possible to burn Divx movies onto a DVD disk. I have Lord of the rings in 3 parts, in a normal cd i would have to use 3 cd's to burn it. Is it possible to burn it in a single dvd disk. ifso how would I do that and which encoding software will i have to use.

thanks

dave

If you just want to burn the 3 DivX files to a DVDR then just burn then to the dvdr using nero in iso mode, the same as you would do copying them to a CDR. If you wnat the 3 files as one big file, join them together first with VirtualDUB. Read the DivX to VCD tutorial on how to do this.

If you want to be able to play them on a normal DVD Player then you will need to convert them from the AVI format to a DVD compliant mpeg2 format. Again, read the DivX to DVDR Tutorial on how to do that.

dave,

all 3 parts can be authored onto 1 DVD, but realize that the bit rate will be low because the movie is so long. This translates to worse picture. If you don't mind, go for it. Otherwise, use at least 2 discs.

Sounds like you have a SVCD or VCD re-encode, because I can't really see anyone releasing a 3 CD DivX version.

In this case it would be DVD-->(S)VCD-->AVI-->DVD.

Much better just to go DVD-->DVD.

dave25 said:
@chickenman

will i be able to fit all three movies in one dvd ? i would pref that if i can
You mean all 3 parts ? the whole movie ? Yes of course. As I prviously said, just join all 3 parts to the one large avi file and then encode it to fit to one dvdr.

Could also just use AVISynth to join..

part1 = avisource("part1.avi")
part2 = avisource("part2.avi")
part3 = avisource("part3.avi")
return part1+part2+part3

and you are done.