Zone Alarm 3 Problems

The New zone alarm pro it giving me a network alert every time I connected to the internet..I added this connection to the internet and trusted zone but still have the same alert every time i logon the net :(
how to get rid of this alert
Thanx

Same problem for most ppl

A lot of others are having similar problems, me included. It also caused lots abrowser lock ups for me and false warnings.

I've gone back to Sygate until a new version is released which is a bit more stable.

As they say tho', the choice is yours....

OB

Laz

Me too!

I think it's a piece of cr#p compared to the last version. Wait until they sort out all the bugs before you bother with this.

ok did more testing & this is the main problem with ZoneLabs:
vsmon.exe (virtual machine). Basically the coding in that is crap to the max!!
If too many packets are coming in at once then it just faulters & starts hogging CPU processes. This is very bad, cause makes the system very sluggish.
Go back, like roadworker mentioined, to 2.6x or Sygate Personal Firewall 5x.

PS
I've noticed in previous versions the vsmon.exe also caused some issues, but seems like the coding in that has gotten worse. This also seems to be set-off when you use/adjust addblocking.

I did some testing too..

ZA3.0 runs smoothly as long as you keep to OFF both the Cookie Control and the Ad blocking features.

Don't even try to activate (turning it to ON) the "Mobile Code Control" feature...

My testing run on Win98SE...

C ya! :)