xvid video upside down when burned to dvd

I asume you mean you converted an AVI to DVD files and burnt it to a DVDR ? Using Nero by any chance? Seams to be a common problem with Nero. Solution is to use something else for the conversion, check out The FilmMachine or DVD Santa.

Well video flipping is generally a result of a YV12 to RGB colourspace conversion.
Nero converts via dshow and the XviD dshow decoder has for sometime outputted to YUY2 by default. Also there is a video flip option.

Yeah people really need to stop just saying burn when they mean convert and burn.

jsk19672001

Not Nero.

I'm using the software that came with my DVD burner . The software is arcsoft . Not reliable . I wasn't converting any files , Just putting them on a DVD+R disc. I will see if your suggestions work .Thanks

So you are burning mp4 files to DVD as data and then when they playback they are upside down? Perhaps you mean that you are playing them back on an ESS based standalone? Because a burnt file should be bit identical to the original on your HDD. So if the original plays the correct way up, so should the copy.

So what were you using for playback then?

Any program that can convert via dshow should convert it fine. Otherwise you can extract the video to avi and the audio to aac, mp3 or whatever then convert.

jsk19672001

Well

I was able to transfer them to a DVD+R disc.When I downloaded the vid's
I thought that they were all the same . But some of the vid's are MP4. They video is fine except that the picture is upside down. Just the mp4.

jsk19672001 said:
I was able to transfer them to a DVD+R disc.When I downloaded the vid's
I thought that they were all the same . But some of the vid's are MP4. They video is fine except that the picture is upside down. Just the mp4.
Send them to celtic_druid, they might play the right way up (down under) :D

and who decided which way up the universe is? 'Cause personally I think it goes the other way around.

What decoder is setup the handle the fourCC mp4v? Because with mp4 the video is always mp4v, whether it was originally XviD or whatever. So the XviD avi's would be decoded by XviD and be ok whilst perhaps the mp4's are decoded by something else and are not ok. Still they should decode the same before or after burning.