Xvid to DVD Compatibility Question

mesaboogieman

Hi
I have been using SVCD2DVD for some time now to convert svcd files to dvd without any problem. However, I recently started using it to convert xvid movie files to dvd and I have encountered some compatibility problems playing the burnt dvd's on some Philips dvd players.

Using the Philips player the playback appears to have lost both vertical and horizontal sync on my TV ( not the video/audio out of sync type problem) i.e the picture is on the screen but it's floating about (not locked in position).

Using another make of dvd player the disc plays ok,

The Philips player plays svcd's made with SVCD2DVD ok as well as all bought/rented dvd's.

Now what really puzzles me is that using exactly the same xvid source files, media ,PC, burner etc but using DIKO instead of Svcd2Dvd to convert, the burnt dvd's play on all my players without any problem.

I have also tried converting the xvid files with other encoder/ program combinations and have ended up with the same loss of horizontal/vertical sync problem when played back on the Philips player, so it's not only Svcd2Dvd that gives me a problem.

Can anyone explain what DIKO does or does not do during conversion of Xvid to Dvd that makes the finished dvd compatible with these Philips players.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me.

mesaboogieman

celtic_druid said:
Perhaps you mean DVD2SVCD? SVCD2DVD wouldn't be able to convert anything encoded with XviD to DVD as XviD is MPEG-4 not MPEG1/2.

Latest v2 can,but the program is still in beta.....perhaps that's the problem...