xvid codecs??..

i was wondering how many "versions" of xvid codecs do they have out there??..or is there only one xvid codec??..

Your right, there are many, all from the same source just different builds with very regular updates. You wont go wrong by installing the latest from http://www.koepi.org/ but unistall whatever your using first if its not originally from there.

i have ffdshow and this ogg codec installed....i have some xvid videos....it can play but its all glitchy and stuff....can it b that i have the wrong xvid and that i need to update it so i can view it clearly without glitches??..also would i have to uninstall ffdshow then install the latest xvid codec thingy??..

Last edited:
nevermind....well it actually solved my problem....thanx chickenman....hey does the xvid have all the features ffdshow has too??..had to uninstall ffdshow and install xvid....NO MORE GAY GLITCHES!!..now i can happy enjoy my movies!!..thanx again man....

Like I keep saying, the xvid movie was encoded using the Xvid codec, so why and try decoding it with anything other than the original ? Glad to hear its all working.

oh no i wasnt trying to decode nothing....i just said i have some xvid videos that i couldnt play right....it played but it was all glitchy and stuffs....i didnt know about the xvid codec....i was using ffdshow to play them xvid videos and stuffs....without ffdshow or xvid i cant play them videos windows media player wouldnt recognize it....so i would need it to b able to watch the movie....

The simple act of "Playing the Movie" needs the correct decoder to decode it, thats why you cant play an Xvid on the PC without a decoder. Use the wrong decoder and it wont play correctly. The Xvid codec your installed does both coding and decoding.