XP sharing problems

hello all.

hopefully someone out there can help me with this. I have XP home preloaded on a Sony Viao desktop. I am trying to share my D drive on my home lan. Problem is when I share the D, I get access denied trying to go into any subfolders. If I go and share the subfolder, I can get into it, but then no subfolders of that. Now I have thousands of folders on my D drive (mp3s) and I am not going to share every one of them and I know I shouldnt have to.

Ok, that said, first thing I tried to do was disable simple file sharing. To do that you open my computer, tools, folder options, view, then uncheck "simple file sharing" except I dont have that option. So I decided to try logging on as Administrator. I went to have the administrator logon appear on the welcome screen and there was no option. So I went to do it manually in the registry, its not there. SO, I went to create the administrator account in the Control Panel/Users. Says it exists already. I go into TweakUI and go to the section where you can put a check in ADMIN for it to appear on the welcome screen, and its not there.

I know these options should be there even on the Home version of XP, but they are not. Does anyone know what could be wrong or have a workaround? Yeah, I have a corp copy of XP Pro, but other than these two extremely bizarre problems, I have no problems. Plus with all uncertainty surrounding corp keys and SP1, it might be nice to have a legit copy. Not to mention a rebulid sounds exausting :)

Any help appreciated.

good thing to switch that simple file sharing off.
Then when you create a shared folder (or drive) in permissions also add the other user if need be (making sure to check what you want them to allow to do.
On both machines you need to create guest accounts (make sure guest account is on). Then imput how they log into their PC (ex: user: administrator /// password: goinside)
this is obviously on your first machine. Also imput the exact same info in your other machine. There is no need to use the wizard to install your network. It will work fine as long as you setup each machine with their own ip (in sequential order: 192.168.0.1 then 192.168.0.2 etc...)& within the same workgroup.
With your NIC cards also check that you have file and printer sharing being used & with you internet/network connection also check that you do not have the internet connection firewall turned on.
If you have a firewall, make sure you allow access for your network.
Sometimes there is also a problem with which PC is turned on first (so try switching which one turns on first).
There are a few more things that can be cause of problem, but try these out first & see if you have any success.
( I had to format one PC once to get it to work. Even though everything was setup properly, during innitial installation one driver was not installed *for networks protocol)