XP SERVICE PACK 2 or better known as SP2 release date ....

ok my sources inform me that there is an ALMOST CERTAIN release schedule for the REAL and not BETA SP2 from microsoft and its due out for OFFICIAL release ....................

SOME TIME IN AUGUST

maby lol :)

magazines and other sources are ALSO reporting AUGUST release dates too so we will have to WAIT and see :)

dx

I'm still not going to install it until Sept. or Oct. as there will no doubt be some software compatabilites that will have to be worked out. :rolleyes:

The RTM will be ready by the next week; Gold should hit the 'streets' by 2nd week of August (probably the 1st week's end).
;-)

Laz

VIPER_1069 said:
aye let more su ckers erm people test it first lol :)
Yep, pass the gun and let some other fool find out if there is a bullet in the chamber the hard way! lolol :D

Brave souls can search the usual sites by the way, I strongly encourage them to do so while I sit back and watch: the RTM has just beed released...

Last edited:
VIPER_1069 said:
going to wait it out note the large words there BETA :(
No, it's not beta... it's a shot with download links from the official MS beta testers site, you need your own login or .net passport to get stuff from there.

Microsoft has released Windows XP Service Pack 2 on the MSDN subscriber downloads website which is available for active MSDN Universal, Enterprise, Professional, and Operating Systems subscribers, Microsoft Certified Partners, and MSDN Academic Alliance members.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 is available in english (475.35 MB ISO) as well in german (476.67 MB ISO). An ISO (404.08 MB) with the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Customer Support Diagnostics Tools are also available for download.

Laz

If anyone wants an official mirror then here it is:- http://neowin.net/comments.php?id=23138Took me all day to d/l SP2 from the neowin mirror but got there in end.

For those of you who want to slipstream SP2 into your Windows CD I came across a great little FREE tool earlier from the makers of Autopatcher XP, for some reason it's not yet on the Autopatcher site but I have a direct d/l link which is:- http://mhtools.knoware.nl/raptor/autostreamer/AutoStreamer.zip

I've done my XP Home & Pro discs so far and it is superb kit that makes it childsplay! Here's a screenshot of the Gui below:-

This also works on Windows 2000 & 2003 too! :cool: