xp install help

want to install XP on clean drive never installed windows before complete novice how do imake boot disk which it keeps asking for or is there another way
thanks for any help

dx

Yep, just make sure you set your boot priority to CD-Rom in your system BIOS. At your next boot the WinXP CD will prompt you about booting from the CD. Just follow the instructions on partitioning and formating (use NTFS) your drive and you're all set for the rest of the install.

Good luck :)

However, if your XP CD is a knock-off and is not bootable, you can download the BootFloppy maker from M$'s download site and create the 5 diskettes you need. Or you can make a FAT partition, copy the i386 directory, and run the winnt.exe from there...

or this might help...IF i've attached it on here properly and not made another boob :)
oh well its spent enough time uploading..or making out so i'll post and see......sorry if its not on here....and DON'T ask..:eek:

try this place....i think its been on here eons ago not sure but it should help window users...even XP users..

h**p://www.bootdisk.com

xp help

thanks for all your help, can you help me again how to change drive from fats to nfts when i install xp it said drive is fats

pace508 said:
being a complete novice whats cmd and where to find it
CMD is basically CoMmanD Prompt, the bit which looks like...

C:\ _

If you boot with a floppy, after all the shit thats what you see, otherwise, click start in windows, go to Run and type "command" without quotes and click ok (You can type CMD if you use win2000 or XP)

Hope this helps!