Xbox plays

hey I was wondering whats what with playing stuff on the xbox,,

dont worry everythin Im trying I own. so dont any1 flip,cause Ive already noticed this place is all about being on tha up an up,,

but something confuses me bigtime,, I know the xbox wont play just any copied cdr,, so what kind of format or software do you need to play like back games,movies etc.on it!!

im new to all this stuff so all this confuses me,, i dont have a dvd burner so im trying to put what i alreadt got on some kinda format or software etc.

does any1 know what i need to do,,,

Yep..we can only help you with stuff you own.Check out our tutorials for everything you need to know.Alcohol software is the best for backing up almost everything to cdr(except for Dvd based games).Be sure to get Alcoholer to scan for protections on your games.

No hardware device is created equal,so some backups will play in one device,but not another.Try a forum search..Hope that gets you started.

Oh..almost forgot..Welcome to the forum!

Be advised Xbox games cannot be backed up by conventional means.Check out our tutorials on that procedure in console gaming section.

1) you need a modded XBOX for games or cdr

2) YOU can use CDRW audio cds in the XBOX dont ask me why but its true :)

3) YOU can use DVDr films in the X-BOX but like any dvd film you DO need the remote and the remote eye addon to work it !?

4) once the x-box is modded you can play mp3s, divx ,vcd, cdrs etc etc using software players :)

hope this helps :)

Ok,,thanks ,this will get me going in the right direction!

but a question how do you mod an xbox,,is there certin setting on the xbox itself or do you gotta 'operate' on it,,?
and if so wouldnt that void the warranty some how?

I mean mine probally expired anyhow,,the one I bought was like $10 for a year,,the 1st year that is,,an i bought it when it came out

if yer not confident with a screwdriver and a soldering iron then forget it its OPEN HEART surgery on the xbox im afraid ...and yes WARRENTY IS VOIDED :(

bryan_b24 hi there bro.. if you do a search on the web (x-box mod chips) theres a plugin board for x-box called (THE MATRIX... aka: Xodus)
Dont know if
1) Its any good and 2) If this chip is still available
Other then that the (MessiahX) is the business so I was told...

Welcome bryan_b24 hope you gain the help you need...:)

a friend of mine has got all sorts of stuff that he watches on his X, I havent tried the ones he watches on my though,,

but anyhow 1time I tried to play some moves that were on cd in my X,an it wouldnt recognize it,, then i popped it in my dvd player an it was fine?

like was mentioned above i think it was becuase of them being cdr, though,,

maybe my friends are in cdrw or dvdr format?

I guess I need to get up with him an ask him

well.. im new here so i don't know too much about the rule.. but one thing i do know about xbox game playing on dvd-r not on cd-r... Also most of the xbox game take couple gig a and cd-r cannot support that amount of space... so if ya wanna play xbox copy or anything, try to get dvd burner and burn on the dvd-r... If there something i say wrong or any mistake.. please tell me..

Thaxz

Welcome to the forum!Your post is fine.We can help people backup games that they own.Your input is appreciated.You can read the forum rules here.

@Ezin you would be surprised at how many X-BOX games are out there on plain old CDR most of the time the ORIGINAL DVD disk games are just packed with extra music or video to pad the disk out if you can live without the cut scenes etc and music !?(music not being a problem as most games can use your own selection on the x-box drive that you have put there !! :) :) ) you can pack the game down enough to fit onto one 700mb cdr :)

I have never made an X-BOX backup but.... I've been around the backup scene a heck of a long time and picked up stuff as i go along :)

But like ya said its a good idea to use DVD burner as you can get a FULL backup of your game :)

well... yeah... you rite viper... most people like to play full version and half version.. so.. it didn't really matter full or not.. it just a game and save come buck on the cd-r than on dvd-r :)

thaxz for telling me that im on the right position