XBox now outselling Gamecube in the UK (The Inquirer)

MICROSOFT'S XBOX is now outselling Nintendo's GameCube in the UK, according to figures produced by the researcher, ChartTrack.
Sony's Playstation 2 remains well out in front, though have notched up sales of close to 3 million units since launch.

XBox sales were up 42 per cent last week to 10,371, the researcher says. Microsoft has managed to sell a total of 233,503 consoles in the UK, while Nintendo has shifted some 230,876 GameCubes.

The bundling of a couple of Sega games with the XBox is thought to have helped boost XBox sales in Blighty, along with new TV advertising for the console.

Realy?

here is the last available sales chart

System Oct 14 - Oct 20
GameBoy Advance 40,187
PlayStation 2 30,427
GameCube 10,287
Xbox 2,662
PSone 2,026

i'm guessing that the xbox chart is for units shifted from m$ (which includes exchanges and returns

Here's a website that says the GameCube is Outselling Xbox and Playstation 2. I guess it all depends on who's doing the counting. If I work for microsoft then the XboX is ahead. If I work for nintendo then the Gamecube is the winner,lol. _http://www.digitalmediafx.com/News2001/November/113001.html

erm only a fool would believe gc was outselling the p2, but the cube is outselling the xbox as it has done since its launch in japan and europe and after the first couple of months in the usa.

If you check the link above you will see that it dates from the week after the cubes launch in the usa, when it did indeed outsell both (it was new ;))