Xbox Boot Cd

Hi. I'm just downloaed in eMule a Evox boot cd for Xbox,(i bought my in cristhmas :)) and i dont want to buy a mod chip for hr just now because i lost my warranty ...and you all now the dvd-rs soon or later give some damageds to the reader (i think is a thompson, in a v2 console).
anyway, i downlaed it an d he ask's me a pass...
i'm running rar password cracker but i dont have manny hoppe...
can someone help me?

thanks.

a happy new year for all of you

go to the site where you got the eMule link;
or try words/URLs which are containing in the file name;

Greetings from
Duracell

dont worry it wont/cant work.

the ONLY way to boot unsigned code (ie not an original m$ produced disc) is to have a modchp fitted, the evox bootdisk is in fact to be used with a modchip to allow you to back up your original games to your hard disc and then ftp them to your pc.

i'll say again there is NO bootdisc for the xbox that can work without a modchip, just as there is no copy of a bootdisc for the ps2 (although it is possible to buy an original one)

i don't know that

the xbox is more a pc than a console.
if i install evox whit a modchip, the chip is no longer needed, so if i can instal evox in the xbox hdd with no chip the cd boot is no longer nedeed(i think) the boot is only to instal evox system...
i will keep on try to find the password...
if someone can healp me...
thanks every one for your post
this is a great forum!!!

E

elpresidente

u should really visit the EVOX Homepage and check the requirements for running the evox dashboard....cause it is as ABCMAN said ... it can´t work without a modchip ...

greetz

Re: i don't know that

x0316847 said:
the xbox is more a pc than a console.
if i install evox whit a modchip, the chip is no longer needed, so if i can instal evox in the xbox hdd with no chip the cd boot is no longer nedeed(i think) the boot is only to instal evox system...
i will keep on try to find the password...
if someone can healp me...
thanks every one for your post
this is a great forum!!!
ok, i'll try to explain here.....

the xbox is just a low spec pc as you say HOWEVER it has a couple of tricks taken from the console world.

on the xbox the internal (unchipped) bios checks every disc inserted if it is a game disc then it checks for a "electronic signature" a small protrection track pressed into the original game when microsoft makes the discs. if you have a modchip it alters the bios to allow it to run "unsigned code" that is code not on an original microsoft game disc. you MUST have a chip to run this code.

when you install the evo-x software it removes your msdash.xbe and replaces it with its own msdash.xbe (which is in fact the evo-x software) however it will still not work without a chip (evo-x will boot but it still cant run the unsigned code without a chip).

look on the bright side at least in the xbox you have a machine that is almost criminaly easy to chip, the gamecube on the other hand is a true nightmare, although the chip will fit inline (no soldering required) it needs an external power source (at present) and if you want to make your own backups FORGET IT, it can take a week to extract a game and even then it requires some serious extra hardware to get the cube to play the extracted data as there is still no way to defeat the multi layered barcode that the drive checks before it allows a game to boot.

E

elpresidente

@ABCMAN.... I´m not sure if the Xbox even boots with a modified dashboard( without mod) ... I think it displays that your XBOX requires service !

;)

üsse

i'm honestly not sure, although in theory it should still boot msdash.xbe as that is about the only unsigned code that the xbox can boot. one of these days i'll have to give it a try ;)

maxcgm

mod XBOX without modchip

in fact, the bios checks every XBE files (XBox Exe :rolleyes: ) that they contain to "electronic signature", but is a way to load in memory a BIOS that allows to use XBE without check this signature ;) , this takes control of "phoenix BIOS loader" that it allows to even load to memory any BIOS those that they use modchips, this method is used to modify a XBOX without using modchip, even without opening your console :eek: (looks for on the subject of 007: Agent Under Fire game save exploit) :)

there are some restrictions to be able to do this, in some consoles is not possible to make it without opening it :mad:

it is possible to run unsigned code without a modchip now, you can find out how to over at xboxscene in the tutorials section (TSOP flash).

I personally would stick to a modchip, because if you use the no chip exploit, then you have to undo the exploit to run the xbox as an "unmodded xbox", e.g. when you want to play on xbox live, witha modchip you can turn it back to an unmodded xbox with the flick of a switch and a reboot.

an unmodded xbox will play backed up dvd-r's provided
a) the xbox can read the media- try and stick to higher quality media e.g. ritek, verbatim- but try different brands
b) there's no region code on the backup (or the region corresponds to the code of your xbox)- basically when you get the dvd remote and dongle, the first dvd you put into the drive, the xbox will note the region code and set it to play only that region
c) the dvd is compliant- xbox is particularly picky with structure, and be careful if nero/rnm indicate the video files you are burning throw up a non-compliance error