Xbox and Live Kit

Heya guys

Another Xbox question, does anyone know if my mate needs to get a new live kit after having his 'modded xbox' banned by MS from going 'live' (or online) again?

The live kit is supposed to be a year subscription but, not sure if it is void if you use it with a detected modded xbox?

hope someone has an answer :D

Shadey

Shadey said:
Heya guys

Another Xbox question, does anyone know if my mate needs to get a new live kit after having his 'modded xbox' banned by MS from going 'live' (or online) again?

The live kit is supposed to be a year subscription but, not sure if it is void if you use it with a detected modded xbox?

hope someone has an answer :D

Shadey
I'm not sure about the kit becoming void. What your friend needs to do is replace the Xbox's EEPROM.
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/eeprom-change.php

i think there is other ways round this !?

i dont think you need to do anything apart from disable the modchip before using live !?

im sure i read somewhere that microsuck will lift any bans as long as you can figure a way of disabling the mod temporarily whilst connected to live !?

but i dont think it would work without an original game ..ie you would not be able to use your backup with your mod disabled system !?

would have to find the article again to confirm !?

ok taken from modchipoutlet Q & A about the matrix chip...

11. Can I use X-Box Live with the mod Chip?
A. Yes and No. At this point Xbox live detects modchips and bans the XBox from being able to use the XBox Live service. As long as the modchip is turned off when using XBox live it will work no worries at all. If you place the Matrix mod chip In Mode 3. In this mode your XBox will boot to the original BIOS thus allowing you to play XBox Live. To use the EvoX BIOS you need to load a game then eject the disk, you xbox will then load the EvoX BIOS.

Q12. Can I install an external switch to turn off the Matrix for X-Box Live.
Y. Yes you can.

ps2king

As you said your mate is banned so you'll need to get a new IP address. Trying searching the Tutorials on xbox-scene.com . I'll keep an eye out for it.