Wwwhhyyyyy Oh Wwhhyyyyy

OK.... its been 3 YEARS (oct 2002) tht ps2 has been nout and 2 years for xbox.... my thing is y oh y is there no modchip where we can just plug in or a boot disk , or even y the code hasnt been broken like on dreamcast so we can just patch the game ??????? whats going on.... i even read tht somebody from linux put up a bunch of money to see if somebody could crack the xbox software..... I NO IT CANT BE THT HARD

erm neo technologies cracked the xbox 4 days after its release ;)

the latest mod to become available is still based around the neo x code and is called the xecutor 2 lite/pro they can be fitted without any soldering to any version of the xbox using a pogo pin adaptor (available as an optional extra) although soldering a mod into an xbox is very simple anyway with any of the lpc based modchips

wil this mod work with my new x-box ?
how can i found out which version i have of the x-box ?
i heard that newer xboxes cant be modded ?

yes both the xecutor 2 lite & pro work with all xboxes :D

easiest is check manufacture date before aug 2002 its 1.0 after sept its 1.1 but the mods fit both

oh and my bad, its www.mrmodchips.co.uk not .com

MMAAANNNNNNNN SO WHEN DID THEY COME OUT WITH THAT ??????? that must be the first EXTERNAL mod because i havent seen none else where. Does it work????? I dont wanna get took for my money????? also does they make one for ps2????????????

BG1

There is a external mod for the PS2, BUT ITS JUNK......(and even it requires 1 wire to be soldered)
And there is a no solder mod that goes inside the PS2 that doesn't require soldering (just plugs in) BUT its junk also....

The best mod for the PS2 is the Messiah 2....(YES... Its internal and requires soldering).......

I wouldn't say the no-solder or external mods are junk, they are less expensive and DO work. O.k it's a bit of a stuff around but it is cheaper. You need to weigh up your options. Basically it comes down to money. I started with external, then went to no solder (coz it does DVD-r) and now I've got a Magic 3. You may say that that is a wast of money, but I sold my old chips as I discarded them, and I needed to have in my machine what I was installing for others so I could check their back ups.

Last edited:
qlive said:
MMAAANNNNNNNN SO WHEN DID THEY COME OUT WITH THAT ??????? that must be the first EXTERNAL mod because i havent seen none else where. Does it work????? I dont wanna get took for my money????? also does they make one for ps2????????????
its not external m8, thats just the pc port on the x2 pro

yes it works, its the best mod available (i know the designers so i would say that, but its true anyway)

if you saw the pics of the green coloured board that is now wrong, its been remade in black for the retail version so that it blends in with the xbox better (of course the internal mainboard is still green) you have the option of a soldered fit (best) or a pogo pin no solder fit (more expensive and not as good), the x2pro mod does everything a mod ever could but if you just want it to do normal xbox stuff (rather than development work) you would probably be better off getting the x2 lite

oh, and unless you want the dvd functions offered by the neo 4 the ONLY modchip wprth getting for the ps2 is the messiah 2, all the others are crap by modern standards requiring various disc swaps to make some games work, they are all based on the old neo2 code which i posted in this section some time ago so people could make their own mod (requires 8 wires)