Winxp,win98 and the buffer

Hello Everybody
I have Sony cd writer 16X/10X/40X and I am running winxp and Nero 5580
these days Iam using win98 and when I was trying to burn a cd i noticed that the buffer begins 100% then reduced to 0% and after 5 seconds it increased to 100% and so on...and in some times the burn proccess fails and it gives me can't focuse the track or some thing like that...
the cd is working fine on winxp..no such a problems and the buffer is 100% or 99% all the time!!
I want to know whats wrong?
thanx

i get the same when i use clonecd with XP and copy "on the fly",it always worked just fine inside ME but as soon as i upgraded to XP i start to get under run.

joripe said:
Romeo make sure the XP burning proggy is disabled its on the Forum somewhere how to do it!!
Dear Its already working fine on winxp...all what i wanna know is why it do this in winme and win98....:confused:

yes roadworker it is working fine now after DMA is enabled in winme...but how to enable it in win98...i double clicked the cd rom and get its properties but i didn't find any DMA check box like winme???

Romeo26222 said:
yes roadworker it is working fine now after DMA is enabled in winme...but how to enable it in win98...i double clicked the cd rom and get its properties but i didn't find any DMA check box like winme???
Do you use Intel accelerator?