WinRAR Errors

Hi i just downloaded an app

when i try to extract the RAR's With WinRAR 3.00 it gets to 1% and gives me this error
! C:\Macromedia.Essentials\memx2k2zfx.rar: CRC failed in memx2k2zfx.bin. The file is corrupt

Is there anyway of repairing this ??

I dont fancy downloading another 700mb

Thanks
In Advance

Jinxau

hrmmm... try the repair feature in WinRAR... if it starts up and you gotta wait for ages for the repair then it's working... and if it cuts out and gives you an empty file then the d/l is a gonna... :D

and it can't be a verification error for sure if you used v3.00

Jinxau said:

when i try to extract the RAR's With WinRAR 3.00 it gets to 1% and gives me this error
! C:\Macromedia.Essentials\memx2k2zfx.rar: CRC failed in memx2k2zfx.bin. The file is corrupt

Thanks
In Advance

Jinxau
Hi,

Keep your original file and try to fix a copy, WinRar has a strange way of reporting errors, whereas another WinRar reports file as OK.

Try WinRar 2.9.

I have deleted the attached file. Please don't attach files which can easily be found elsewhere. LaZorMan

Jinxau said:

Thanks
In Advance

Jinxau
Just make sure the use the latest version of WinRAR final or the current v3.0 beta-x see if it helps.

Laz

If you have not worked it out yet.........which I would fail to believe.......poko is saying why upload stuff to the forum that you can get anywhere on the net?!?!?!

Please, in future just post a link. ;)

kheops said:
hi,

i think such attachments should be removed, to save bandwith and disk space

my 2cts
They are as neither N.B. nor any of the admins is willing to paid for traffic that can more than easily avoided.;)