WinOnCD/DVD 8

Master

Gold Member
They never give up..again Roxio will develop a new version of this loved (arrgh) software.

from www.cdrinfo.com:

Roxio announced that it will be launching a completely new version of the original leading German burning application, WinOnCD.

The latest version, WinOnCD 8 CD & DVD Pro, includes CD and DVD authoring and burning tools, plus advanced photo, video, music and backup applications. Development of the new WinOnCD 8 product is being lead by Roxio?s development team based in Wurselen, Germany.

WinOnCD was first launched in Germany in 1992 and is now popularly considered the original German burning solution. The updated version incorporates significant new functionality for digital media creation and management, including High Definition DivX video creation and editing. WinOnCD 8 CD & DVD Pro will be released in Q4 2005.

Last edited:
Now we know why they stirred up interest with a free WinOnCD 6 PE

I liked my (free) version 5, so much that I actually bought :eek: WinOnCD 6 - though not long after that, retired my old Win98 system for a new XP one, and still a little doubtful if WinOnCD 6 is 100% compatible with XP SP" and the new drive.

So if they didn't spoil the features from WinOnCD5 (close to the CEQuadrat original) in V6, they may well make a pigs ear of it in V8