windows security alerts....

when i turn off my firewall, auto update, or have no anti virus....there is this red security icon that always appears in my icon tray saying i have my things turned off....how do i get rid of it??..it annoys me alot....and when i turn my auto update on how do i get rid of that yellow icon that shows u your updates....or is the only way is just by turning it off....

Control panel-->security center-->information tab @ the left-->open last option "security alerts settings" and deselect the buttons...

Names will probably differ on an english OS,it's a (poor) translation from my dutch OS.... :eek:

if i turn on my auto updates....can i also get rid of that yellow icon??..or is the only way is by turning it off??..

Tommie said:
if i turn on my auto updates....can i also get rid of that yellow icon??..or is the only way is by turning it off??..
You get rid of every notification icon from security center now...

Just curious... why do you not want a firewall, antivirus, and a patched system to keep the hackers off your system? The average time till intrusion of an XP box with no patches is about a half to 1 hour on a broadband connection. That little annoying button can save your butt on more than one occasion.

I use ZoneAlarm and Symantec AV, and my shield only goes yellow when it is reminding me to install the patches I set to auto-download but not install until I tell it.