Win2000 probs

Hi all :)

Well me tried setting up 2000 yesterday morning, waited ages 4 it 2 install, then setup graphics drivers & firewall & AV, but there seemed 2 be a prob with the liveupdate & livereg as it wouldn't let me register it, but after Kerio 2.1.15 went on & rebooted, all i got was a blue screen as the desktop was loading:confused:

Yep i now i should of had SP2 already waiting for it, but me thought me had it somewhere on a cd

Another thing even after switching of the indexing system, my HD keep making noises regular as if it was being written 2, but i was doin nothing?!?!?!

So after some confusion, me whipped out me trusty boot disk & wiped again & setup 98se again.What a performance change, 2000 slow, cumbersome, 98se quick & sprightly

Will maybe try again soon, after i learn more from the masters here:)

Cheers & Regards

BaNzI:D

PS. The blue screeen appeared 2 say Kernal HAlt Error, Log had been dumped & see ur system Admin:(, then it just rebooted

Ohh another question

How can i save or back up Outlook Express mail, i copied the folder with theil, but OE wont import them, so had 2 import them in2 Incredimail?!?!?!

Appreciate it:)

"liveupdate" and "livereg" sounds pretty much like Norton/Symantec stuff, so how can one help you? :p The only Norton stuff that I would touch without major ojections is Ghost (the bloated+buggy version 2003 excluded).
Under 2000 or XP I suggest trying Kerio v.3 beta6 and a fast, lighteight AV: NOD32, DR.Web, Avast!4, or one of the EZTrust/Vet twins.
Win2000 should be FASTER than 2000 in the puter you have.

@scarecrow, it was very slow(2000)think it was cause of the constant disk access, also try as i might it wouldn't set up me cable modem, it detected it, but no connection?!?!?!Yep drivers were on after it plugged in, but it just never worked?

I did try 2 move away from Nortons by using AVG(free), but on 98se(what i put back on)it was a but resource hungry & the resident scanner slowed everything down

Am interested in Avast, but the last time i tried it, the mail part wouldn't work?

2000 was ok untill the machine rebooted after installin Kerio 2.1.15, then nothing but blue screens:(

Tried safe mode, but still got the same when i tried 2 remove it:(

Almost forgot how 2 use Fdisk lol:):p

Im normallly use speedisk 2 defrag, but am trying DiskKeeper light the now

Any suggestions on a good defrag prog that moves system files 2 front 4 faster access & also programs like SD does with the Applog folder

Cheers 4 the advice Bud:)

Another Niggle:(

When tryin 2 udate Nero from the bundled version, i keep gettin the message Some of Ur System file are Outdated, please reboot & the installer will update them, so i m stuck with version 5.5.9.4 or some thing?

I thought it was Windows Installer so i got the latest from MS, but still no Joy, after reboot, i get another message sayin the files couldn't be updated.Contact MS 4 the latest files?!?!?! !?!?!?!

Help Please i have got all windows updates, if htats any help.This is on 98se

Cheers:)

& Fellow Greets Go 2 RASTABT 2, Cheer Bro:)