Which Plextor to buy for Securom backup?

Hey Gang,

I'm looking at a Plextor PX-PREMIUM-BPS or a PX-PREMIUM/SW. I can't see any difference in the specs listed on Newegg.com. Are there others I should be considering?

Last I read, only "Plextor Premium" could do the latest backups.

It has been a long time since I last posted. Hopefully you guys can guide me on which burner to buy for backing up the latest PC game CD-ROM copy protections.

Thanks,

Markbot

Markbot said:
Hey Gang,

I'm looking at a Plextor PX-PREMIUM-BPS or a PX-PREMIUM/SW. I can't see any difference in the specs listed on Newegg.com. Are there others I should be considering?

The "BPS" is the oem drive,while the "SW" is the retail version.....boxed and software included...

Coaster & Roadworker,

Thanks for the info.

Is this "Plextor Premium" the wonder drive that is supposed to be able to backup Securom without the need for emulation?

Markbot said:
Is this "Plextor Premium" the wonder drive that is supposed to be able to backup Securom without the need for emulation?

Mine is..... :D
I have the cd version of TRON 2.....Securom v4.84.81.0001
Flawless backup...

@Roadworker

So you have a Plextor Premium?

What backup guide did you use? Is the Securom guide in this forum still up to date? What buring soft did you use? I need to do Empire Earth II. Gamecopyworld says it has "Securom v 7".

I used to be on the bleeding edge of PC CD game backups, but I've been out of the loop for quite awhile working on Xbox and GameCube backups. Sorry for all the questions. I don't want to "reinvent the wheel" if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your help.

I don't have any V7 game;so I dunno if it will work for you,but I made the Tron2 backup with the good old BlindWrite 4.5.7.
Default settings,if I remember well.....