Which modchip is fitted in my x-box?

is there a way of finding out wot modchip is fitted in my x-box?

i am presuming that it is the enigmah chip, cos the guy who dun it is a safe person, who only gives me quality (10 years of experience).

i dont mind opening up the x-box, but i aint dun it b4, so i am a bit apprehensive.

ok, here is a quick checklist
1) if its not on the top of the board (under the hdd) its an old enigmah chip
2) if its under the hdd and the pins are poking through a set of holes its a newer xtender 1.0
3) if the pins are poking through 2 long slots its a current (but now discontinued) xtender 1.1.

Anythin below an xtender 1.0 and you wont be able to make some of the changes to your system which is why the enigmah chip was discontinued some time ago, the differences between the two xtenders is purely cosmetic (the 1.1 is easier to fit slightly) the replacement for the 1.1 will be on sale once current stocks of 1.1 have been exhausted by current official resellers.

That said if all you want to do is play backups and use evo-x on the standard drive then the enigmah will work fine, but i hope it was cheap as the xtender 1.1 is only £20 and fitting is a doddle.

although i have not opened it yet, i can play copied games. i burned need for speed 2 [from sharereactor] to cd-rw. it work ok.

wot is evo-x?

evolution-x is a software program and a modchip binary file but if you have xecutor you dont need the chip.

it allows you to run your xbox with a new bigger hard drive, run games from the hard drive and also allows you to make your own backups of software that you own (of course;)) it allows you for example to boot an emulator or divx player from the hard drive with the roms or divx files stored on a cd or cdr.

there is a copy of evo-x and even a evo-x without pc within this section (however it will be gone soon)

Midnightangel said:
isnt this thread illigal?
as far as i'm aware discussion of any subject is allowed just not links anymore (which i wouldnt be giving as there is already one on here that hasnt been removed yet and even then its actualy a link to a legal site owned by the poster of the thread so i dont know where it stands).

See, mods get confused about this too :(

ok my apologise im just trying to get a "feel" for how much we can discuse and whatnot, i am still a little confused on whats taboo and whats not.
apologies abc no malliace intended

no problems, we are all working to a set of rules that dont actualy exist at the moment so every mod has their own version, maybe i'm a little more lax than some of the others but lets face it without a little discussion there wouldnt be much here would there?

beyond that if someone is giving info about a file then at least you know what to look for, if someone is giving a review of something it's fair to assume they may know where it can be got (thats what pm's are for;))

ok, so maybe everything will get changed when admin actualy fix the rules in stone, but till then those are the rules we'll have to work with in here.